Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bella's Stunt Woman Crystal Dalman



Canadian stunt woman Crystal Dalman landed an awesome role as Bella's stunt double for Twilight Saga New Moon which filmed in Vancouver last Spring.

High School student Rheanna Toy met with Dalman at a Calgary coffee shop to interview her an article which was published in You Think November 2009 Edition. The discussed what it is like being a stunt woman and how it was filming Bella's imfamous motorcycle fall.

Dalman spent days rehersing to prepare for the stunt and started with cardboard boxes to land in. The day of, however, there were no cardboard boxes. Dalman told Toy "I was scared. I was very nervous. There's a sense of adrenaline in your body. And sometimes you're even like, 'Why am I doing this?' You know it's gonna hurt, but I guess that's the difference between stunt people - we're a different breed of people. We crave the adrenaline."

She has a petite frame, similar to Kristen Stewarts and for such a small package she sure packs a big punch.

Dalman's IMDB boasts a number of shows and movies she has provided stunt work for including, I, Robot, X-Men, The Watchmen and 2012.

The motorcycle scene in New Moon is one of my personal favourites, mainly because of that awesome shirtless scene with Taylor lautner as Jacob Black, but what does Dalman say about the motorcycle scene in which she rode and fell off the bike as Bella's stunt woman?

"I've always loved riding motorcycles and doing motorcycle stuff, but the sequence with Bella pushed me to a certain limit that I don't get to get pushed to a lot of times."

I am always interested in this behind the scenes information. After watching New Moon film locally, I have begun to pay more attention to these things and realize how intricate and complicated making a movie truly is.


Crystal Dalman jumps off a motorcycle during the shooting of “The Last Rites of Ransom Pride” in Calgary last year

[You Think]

No comments: