Saturday, June 27, 2009

Little Ashes Ladies Night

It was a fantastic Ladies Night Last Night.

@erinbatt *My FanFic Fave* @sarahlj13 and myself skytrained downtown to Shark Club for some martini's

Soon the crew arrived and we had about 10 ladies there including some familiar faces and some new faces (I always *LOVE* meeting new ladies with the same interests as me :) so great!!!)

Marina pulled out pocket edward and I have to say it was *ALMOST* as exciting as if RPattz had sat down at our table.... and def. more fun... (let's face it RPattz may have said hello, pocket edward obeyed our every request LOL)



There were more photos but I will let individuals have them and tell me if it's ok to post them - pocket edward got *ALOT* of action ;)


We had some dinner (I had the very yummy penne pesto) and several martini's and laughs later we walked down the street to Tinseltown Theatres (Only theatre in Vancouver playing Little Ashes) and met up with some more friends. We took up an entire row at the theatre



We got settled for the movie, but not before posing with the movie poster ;)



Again, I have more but will save embarassment of others ha ha ha - I don't mind embarassing myself, it's kind of my thing LOL ;)

The Movie itself has been said to have a slow start, however, I really enjoyed the details in the start. By far, half way through it got more exciting right up until the end. I believed it was the story of Salvador Dahli's life, when in fact, it was the love story of him and Frederico Locra.

There were several moments of pure passion and devotion expressed in both actors and I really became attached to the characters and their love.

Robert did an absolutely STUNNING job as Dahli, especially when he started to go a bit crazy.... I really loved it and it proved to me that the vampire type-cast can't stick, because this man has some serious diversity inside him.

I have to say i shed a tear or two during the movie, and there were a couple scenes that shocked me (one word... eyelid!!! oh and also "self-service") but overall, an amazing film that I would see again and recommend to not only Robert fans, but Dahli fans and film fans...

The ocean scene was one of the most beautifully passionate scenes in a movie that i have seen in a while.

FYI - the tuck scene was longer than i expected and still caught me off guard....

I really enjoyed it and I think others will too, although it's def. a certain acquired taste of film.

Anyways - Afterwards some departed and a few of us went to Natalie's apartment patio for drinks and more laughs.

Overall a fantastic evening with the ladies :)

Thanks to everyone who came and to those that didn't or couldn't - - - I will def. have another get together planned VERY soon!!!

No comments: