Friday, October 16, 2009

Nikki Reed Interview

Nikki Reed

Nikki read reveals in the Seventeen why she is Team Jacob, how her break in Greece came about, hanging out with Kristen and much more.

Her New Moon Escape
“It got really overwhelming when we wrapped the second film with publicity. Having people wait outside of my house sort of gives me a panic attack. I’m a believer in the concept that people should not be followed and photographed everywhere. I decided to leave for a little while, and it turned into a two-month vacation in Greece!”

Missing Out on Vancouver
“We got to really enjoy and explore Portland because we were a little bit more discreet [than we are now]. Shooting the second film was a game of hide-and-seek where we couldn’t go without being followed and looked at.”

Kristen & Nikki Chill Time
“Music is a big part of our lives. She plays guitar, and I learned how to play guitar. About a year ago, we went guitar shopping. She picked out my guitar with me. It was fun. So we play, we just sit around and jam.”

The Real Rosalie
“I think the voting scene was my favorite because it was very heartfelt and [director] Chris Weitz was very open with me playing with my dialogue, and I gave a really, I think, heartfelt speech at the end of that. It gave me the opportunity for the first time to show that Rosalie’s not just a crazy nasty person, she’s got a soul, and she genuinely cares about her brother and her family and the safety of everyone.”

More after the break…

Nikki’s Rebellious Act
“We were shooting at night at the end of filming, and the night I wrapped finished shooting at 9 in the morning. Kristen and I decided that we were going to go back to someone’s place, and everyone ended up coming, and we had this sort of crazy party in the morning.”

First Impressions
“The first time I met Jackson [Rathbone] was on the flight to Portland, and he had his guitar and his glasses, and I was thinking to myself, Oh boy, another introverted musician/actor. [Laughs] And I don’t really know what I thought of Rob. My opinion of Rob has always sort of been the same. He’s a great guy, he’s really talented, [but] we’re not as close as the rest of the cast.”

African Safari Adventure
“Kristen and [ex-boyfriend] Michael [Angarano] and I spent every day together, without a distraction, without a computer, without a phone, without a moment to [ourselves]. And we all stayed in the same tent, because I was supposed to stay in a different one, but obviously I got scared.”

Why She’s on Team Jacob
“I’m the only one of the cast members that’s Team Jacob, but I am. And that’s because I feel like a bit older than everybody else, and I feel like part of being a kid is having the mentality that Bella has with Edward, which is I’m willing to sacrifice my family and my life, literally my life for this person, because he’s my everything. She’s consumed by him. And for me, that’s never been healthy. I’ve done that before, and I really do take these books seriously. I look at them as being very metaphorical, and for me, Jacob is the one. He’s the right one for her. He’s her friend, he loves her unconditionally, and she doesn’t have to sacrifice anything for him. Relationships are, of course, about compromise, but I don’t think they’re about giving up a part of your life for somebody.”

Forbidden Love vs. Simple Love
“I think so many young girls get caught up in the challenge of being with somebody who’s dangerous, who’s bad, who’s enticing, who’s all of those things, and you forget what it’s like to enjoy simple love.”

Setting the Record Straight
“I can’t win, even if I say something relatively bland. A few weeks ago I was at this event, and they said, ‘You missed Rob’s birthday, how do you feel?’ And I said, ‘I called him, it’s fine.’ And they wrote, ‘She’s clearly bitter over the breakup.’ I’m like, what breakup? Rob and I were never together.”

[Source: Twifans]

No comments: