Friday, March 19, 2010

Canadian New Moon DVD Options


If you read my blog you likely know how I am a proud Canadian but often disappointed that USA gets everything and Canada... not.so.much [at least our men's hockey team took gold eh?]

I compiled a Everything you need to know for New Moon DVD Shopping Guide, but noticed Canadian outlets were mostly neglected on other fansites.

So I decided to do some research....

Anyways, I took the time to call a number of Canadian distributors/stores and find out which special edition dvds they were offering.... Sadly, many of them were pretty cluel;ess to the fact that there were a number of different versions and only wanted to tell me abut the "Free stuff"... free stuff is cool but the actual dvd contents was what I was searching for....

Here is what I found out:

HMV - 2 disc edition - Standard Special Edition Bonus Features. If you pre-ordered you also get a film cell.

Zellers - 2 disc edition - Standard Special Edition Bonus Features Plus trading cards

Best Buy - Waiting for call-back on specific dvd extras (he is crawling thru boxes for me ha ha) but they have the Metal tin (limited) and special gifts for first 250 customers at midnight release (*not all locations call your local store to check) My store, for example has rings or hats, pocket edward etc.

Future Shop - Waiting for a call - back. Assuming standard.

Walmart - 2 disc with poster. If I call back around 9pm tonight they can answer my questions about if they have the Eclipse Preview like their USA counter-parts. The advertissement art is the same as USA so I am hoping it will have the same bonus footage previewing Eclipse

Blockbuster - Standar Edition... though for $9.99 you can also purchase "Life in Forks Documentary" *sigh*
------------------------------------------------

As I suspected, Canadians are pretty much getting "whatever" version at "whatever" location.... Though most stores have "perks" and "add-on's" if you aren't as interested in the "tangibles" (key chains, hats, rings etc) then you can pretty much buy from anywhere and get the Standard Edition and be thankful that all the "exclusive extras" (Eclipse Preview, Deleted Scenes etc) will be online.

It was funny to have store staff say dumbfounded "there's more than one version?" and "let me call you back after i ripped through some of these boxes to grab a copy of the dvd"

Looks like I am going to Seattle soon to get what I need!

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

i ordered mine through Chapters so i'm guessing it's the same or pretty similar to the one that Amazon is doing. guess i'll find out

Unknown said...

i pre-ordered my new moon dvd at best buy for 10$ so when i go pick it up i have to pay is 14$ and it was the metal tin one YAY!!!!! no lines for me LOL