Thursday, March 11, 2010

**Spoilers** Remember Me

I bawled.... I sobbed.... I ached....

Yes, I actually outright SOBBED out loud!

But let's back track....

After a nice dinner with Marnie and Tanya we headed to the theatre expecting to line up. We were shocked and disappointed to see no line, no wait, and very little people. The theatre wasn't even full!!!

The trailer's began and we got to see the Eclipse Trailer on the big screen - still not a massive fan but I applauded (solo I might add) after the Eclipse trailer... something about seeing it on the BIG SCREEN - - - excited!

The movie started and having had very little exposure to spoilers I didn't know what to expect.....

Having a little blonde daughter myself, the opening scene moved me emotionally and I felt the tears surfacing.... sad!

The entire movie was very real.... real life relationships that have their up's and down's.... I could relate very much to many of the struggles the characters faced.

It was sad.... but.... there was happiness too.... mainly in Rob and Emilie's characters.... eating dessert first, water fights inside, and mmm mmm mmm - sex!

I was beyond frustrated with the relationship between Tyler and his father and outraged when those lil' bitches cut Tyler's sister's hair!!! Again, having a daughter of my own, let me tell you those lil' brats would NOT get away with it - I wouldn't have tossed a desk or broken a window but I WOULD have chopped their hair.... right in the pony tail or braid.... grrrr....

By the end I felt like everything was coming together happily and was extremely nervous of how it would end... I knew it would end badly... I had heard it was sad, bring tissue, etc. etc.

I thought he may die, then her, then the sister and dad in the limo together... I knew it was coming... but I didn't know what...

Since the opening scene in 1991... then "Ten Years Later" I couldn't figure out WHY it was happening in 2001....(or 2002 as my incapable mind calculated) why not 2010... why not now? Why the older cars, furniture, music, decor....

I didn't piece it together until the teacher wrote the date on the board and then.... then.... the tears mounted.... my throat got sore and hard.... and it all happened....

As they zoomed out from Tyler gazing out the window, happy with his life, finally, I felt tears race down my cheeks and the lump in my throat sting....

As the ashes fell on his loved ones as they stared up into the sky at the destruction.....

As i recalled myself, where I was, and what I was doing at that moment....

As the movie concluded....

I bawled.... I sobbed... I ached.

I will eat my dessert first.

I will tell my loved ones how much they mean to me.

I will never take a moment for granted.....

I keep thinking of the song "If you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance"

Go See This Movie (Again)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I had the same experience throughout the movie as you did, I will see it again. I have been thinking about it since Friday evening after I saw it. I am so roud of Rob. He and the entire cast was amazing! Thank you for all you post!!!