Sunday, September 19, 2010

Easy A - Great Movie

I saw Easy A last night with some friends and I thought it was absolutely perfect!

I want to see it again! Already!

It was so funny and cute and a modern coming of age movie.

Emma Stone was so perfect for the role and although there are many aspects of the movie that are unbelievable, it is entertaining and fits well together.

For example, her family dynamics will have you laughing non-stop though hardly typical even in the most modern family's today.

Amanda Bynes' character is the most annoying Jesus-preaching character but you just can't help but laugh at her and her pudgy little cheeks that she did not outgrow in puberty.

Aly Michalka (Hellcats) plays the on-again, off-again best friend who is ditzy but entertaining.

Cam Gigandet (Twilight, upcoming Burlesque) plays a minor but important role as another member of the "Jesus Club" and Penn Badgley (Gossip Girl) is the school mascot who manages to make me fall in love with him (Sorry Ed Westwick steals my heart on Gossip Girl and with that shadow removed, I was ALL about Penn! rawr!)

The whole movie has little gems that make it genius. Like a modern John Hughes movie (oh yes, I said it, but they address that in the movie itself!)

Over all the movie is a podcast of Emma Stone's character explaining how and why she has arrived in this situation. The snappy one-liners are clever and hysterical and the characters interactions make you almost wish you could go back to high school and behave as they do.

Of course real life is not as funny or kind and in the real world the situations from this movie would lead to far worse consequences than depicted in the movie, but indeed it is jut a movie and a fantastic one at that!

Go check it out and let me know your thoughts! I plan to go again because I am sure there were funny parts I missed from laughing too hard.

No comments: