Monday, September 20, 2010

My Poor PVR - Fall 2010 TV Line-up

My poor PVR is working overtime lately.

Since I work non-stop and am rarely home, my PVR works overtime to ensure if and when I have time, I have shows to watch.

With the Fall Season kick-off in full swing, that little machine (A DVR to Americans, a PVR to Canadians) has been my little assistant in life.

Granted, there are far more important things in life, like time with family, paying bills, working your regular job, oh and sleep, yes, sleep is important also, but really, my #1 escape and wind-down activity is quality time with my tv.

So many great shows starting, continuing, my husband looked at scheduled recordings and just about died.... WHO WATCHES THIS MUCH TELEVISION???

um - Me!

More...

Granted this week is exceptionally busy as I try out some new shows (as if I have time I know)

There are so many shows with a great buzz, I just have to check them out... in the past shows I wanted to check out but didn't I regreted... like Mad Man, Dexter, Fringe, How I met your Mother or United Stated of Tara.. and I can assur eyou as difficult as it is to watch shows regularily, it is even harder catching up on a season or 4 so you can watch shows.

My general rule is - if I am behind by more than one season (Dexter for example) then I will not start it now. I will save it for a cold December when I can "obtain" a whole season and just sit and watch....

That being said, Here is what my pvr looks like tonight (please note the quality of shows ranges from wtf to amazing, but that is ok)

Monday

Dancing with the Stars
Reality TV Junkie, I can't help it... and dancing, makes it even more addicting. Plus, Dirty Dancing, Jersey Shore, Sports and has-been's make it so fun to watch. It is a huge time committment though...

Two and a Half Men
One of the few shows my husband and I both enjoy. Watching that kid grow up has been a bonding experience for us ha ha.

Mike & Molly
They moved Big Bang for this and the previews look good. It's time and channel placement make it an automatic watch for us.

Gossip Girl
This was a show I picked up on after the first season. In fact, shhh.. I still haven't seen the entire first season. Which is good I think because it is already incestious enough for me. I am so excited to see this season because I love Ed Westwick and Penn Badgley too (Hello Easy A Hottie)

90210
I know *cringe* it isn't even very good (nor was Melrose, though I was pissed they cancelled it) but I can't help it. Teddy is rumoured to be gay and there's some major stuff going down that I just can't miss... Plus I was devoted to the original and it makes me feel young again.

Lone Star
This is new and I am not super keen but I want to give it a chance. Previews caught my eye barely enough, plus I think I can get my husband hooked... and he hates 99% of my shows (can't imagine WHY ;) ha ha)

The Event
There has been major promo for this and I love me a conspiracy thriller. I will give it a go. It makes me think of 4400 with a dash of LOST. *shurgs* we will see.

Hawaii Five-O
Meh, worth checking out, if even just once.

Chase
I am not sure this is the preview I saw or not, with the woman fbi or whatever hunting the criminal... if it is I am really excited, if it is not then I am not sure if I should have pvr'd it but I did so I will give it a go ha ha.

I wish I watched Chuck, Castle, House, How I met your Mother but I don't and as you can see, time wise, it is a good thing. One Cold December however... ha ha

as if that isn't enough for you here is the rest of my poor over-worked PVR's week:

Tuesday

Glee
Duh! Love it!

No Ordinary Family
Heroes died at the end and this feellike it will give me my superhero fix I am missing.

Life Unexpected
Love this show. Not only is it filmed locally, but the cast I have met are awesome and the premise of the show is awesome. Plus it started season2 last week and Baze's bar burned down and Kate got fired and Ryan has a secret and Lux's make out buddy is a teacher at her school *gasp*

DWTS
Results Show. Told you, huge time committment.

Running Wilde and Raising Hope - neither are set to PVCR but I may give them a chance, just because I am feeling tv generous.

I don't watch One Tree, Biggest Loser, NCIS, The Good Wife

Wednesday

Survivor
Obliged to watchthough last week's opener wasn't very convincing. Old vs Young. Blah blah, I need something fresh with this show... yes living on an island with bitchy people just isn't enough for me anymore, sorry!

ANTM
Tyra needs something fresh. The "I am short" series was ok, I want a "I am a plus model" cycle soon. This one is "Italian Vogue" so basically most of the girls look unusually creepier. But there is the bitchy ones and the cat fights that I am so fond of. It's the "background show" while I work on my lap top.

Hellcats
New series. Filmed Locally. Met some of the cast who were super sweet. I actually like the show! I had thought it was highschool musical - esque from previews (cheer leaders, Ashley Tisdale) but it is college and has some cool themes... could do well... time will tell, but I am liking it alot.

Hell's Kitchen
I love Gordon Ramsay. All his shows rule. I especially love Hells Kitchen as I loved Master Chef (more so because my girl Whitney won - woot woot) Myhusband even watches this with me - sometimes.

Modern Family
I didn't catch a lot of it last season but enough to know it is amazing!

I don't watch Lie to Me or Cougar Town and I am not sure I can committ to the new Law & Order or Undercovers. There is also the Whole Truth and Better with you that are new but I haven't heard much about them.

Thursday

Big Bang
Love this show. So does my hubby. It's our thing.

Vampire Diaries
Totally hooked. obviously!

Grey's
OMG after last season - wow! I just can't ever get enough. I did admitedly miss ONE season way back when but I am loyal now! and forever!

Private Practice
I almost don't want to watch... last year's finale, omg I am ready to tear up just recalling... I couldn't get over it for a while... Dell... omg... so sad... and Betsy... gah!! Don't get me started...

Outsourced
This just look hilarious.

The Apprentice
I know I should be sick of the boardroom as much as I am sick of the island.... but I can't help it... secretly I would love to be a contestent, I am multi-skilled and hard-working and straight up bitchy... I'd be awesome!

Fringe, Bones, 30 Rock, Office, CSI, Mentalist are not shows I watch. But I do want them all for a cold December.... or even a rainy November... and I do tune in to CSI occasionally, Justin Beaver will be on the opener so I can't miss that one ha ha

Friday

Human Target
Sucks it's on Friday but it's a great show and filmed locally so I will be watching... though probably not on Friday's (thank-you PVR)

Supernatural I have dvd's and am way behind but LOVE, a few new shows I won't bother with.

Saturday

Who watches tv on Saturdays? I am out and busy or watcing what's left on my PVR from the week.

Sunday

Animation Domination - Simpsons, Family Guy, Clevland Show, American Dad I can take or leave. My husband enjoys more than I do but I tune in.

True Blood is over. Boardwalk Empire is good thus far though. (HBO)

Desperate Housewives I am a few seasons behind but plan to try and "catch-up" if I can (unlikely)

Ditto on Brothers & Sisters, loved this show but ran out of time - need to get dvd box sets

Extreme Home Edition I tune in occasionally, Celebrity Apprentice starts in March and I will watch (it is more entertaining than regular Apprentice isn't it?)

Sundays are usually football and relaxation then pvr's shows I didn't have time for all week and housework.

Amazing Race will get my attention - at least to start. Last season was too much I tuned in for half then the finale... barely... *shrugs*





Any shows I missed? Anyyou watch and can suggest? Comments?

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

finally someone who watches as much TV as I do! except I'm not a reality tv junkie; I love Hoarders/Holmes Inspection/ManTracker/Canada's Worse Driver lol.

I'm with you on Survivor; was really unimpressed with the opener this time around. Also didn't enjoy The Office last season either.

Addicted to-2 1/2 men, Desperate Housewives, Amazing Race, CSI-vegas, GLEE! Nurse Jackie, Apprentice.

Hoping to enjoy, The Event, the new Jason Priestly show, Call Me Fritz and Chase. Can't wait for Hawaii 5-O(welcome back Alex O'Laughlin!!)

Mandy's Mind said...

OOH YeS NURSE jACKIE TOO! and united states of tara and .... there's surely more esp mid season changes too haha