Sunday, December 12, 2010

Life Unexpected Cancelled?



I had a number of people tweet me upset that Life Unexpected was cancelled. I can't for thelife of me find confirmation that it officially has been, just a lot of rumours that it likely will be.

"Life Unexpected" creator Liz Tigelaar confirmed via Twitter that the show's final two episodes will air back-to-back Jan. 18. When a fan inquired about the short, 13-episode second season, she wrote "it's called being canceled, which sucks!"

I know that it is probably too late and that there is nothing we can do - but I REALLLLY hope to save Life Unexpected! But How? It is decided based on money and ratings. If that is the case then this weeks episode should prove the show is worthy...

This week, Life Unexpected had an 'unexpected' rating boost with it's highest this season:

TV by the Numbers wrote:
For the CW, One Tree Hill’s 1.7 rating for women 18-34 was up 6% vs. last week, and Life Unexpected rose 25% to a 1.5 women 18-34 rating, a season high


I had to say this week's episode was one of the most emotional and moving shows yet. Britt Robertson delivered an amazing performance on the stand.. I espeically enjoyed the writing of the scene where LUX says something along the lines of "Most girls in junior high have their first kiss playing spin the bottle" GAH! I was bawling!!!

Maybe it is too little too late, but I want to see where things go with these characters I have become so connected to.

Can we write CW and riot can't we?
The icing on the cake is that the complete season on dvd has now become BOTH seasons on dvd... seeming to seal the deal on a third season.

According to the site TVShowsonDVD.com, Warner Home Video just announced the April 5 DVD release of 'Life Unexpected: The Complete Series.' The six-disc set will reportedly include every episode from both seasons, two featurettes, deleted scenes and a gag reel.

Additionally, CBS has a lead role for Kristoffer Polaha in an upcoming new show and it just all seems to lead to no more LUX :(

I am not happy.... I rally enjoy this show and hope other fans will help try and keep the show... somehow, someway...

This can't be the end!

No comments: