Monday, November 28, 2011

Effie Trinket's Accent from Elizabeth Bank's interview

I noticed in the Hunger Games trailer that Elizabeth Banks has an accent as Effie, I found it to be quite perfect, almost how I read her voice in the book - I love when that happens. Some were curious about the accent...
She told Entertainment Weekly:
Let’s talk Hunger Games: Where did you come up with Effie’s voice?
It’s a combination of The Philadelphia Story and Rosalind Russell in Auntie Mame.
Really?
Rosalind Russell is just amazing. It’s one of my favorite performances ever. I wanted Effie to be really theatrical. I just wanted to make sure she didn’t sound too British. She needed to be a little highfalutin.

Read more of her interview here 

1 comment:

SpunkyBookworm said...

I felt the same way! In the book imagery, Effie sounded like my mom, who used to talk like that when she was excited. She, too was quite theatrical, so it was exciting when I heard her for the first time on the trailer.