Saturday, July 13, 2013

R.I.P Cory Monteith

Cory Monteith, Vancouver actor, who played Finn on Glee, was found dead today in a Vancouver hotel. He had checked in on July 6, and was scheduled to check-out today, however, when he did not, hotel staff checked on him and called emergency vehicles who declared him deceased when they arrived on the scene. No further details have been released. All news sources have the story currently and Cory's past struggles with substance abuse starting in his early teens have been mentioned, along with his stay in rehab earlier this year. It is suggested that he O.D'd, however, this has not been confirmed. His autopsy is scheduled for Monday, with results coming back in a few weeks. I am sure it will continue to make news as his family, friends, cast mates, and fans mourn this very tragic loss.

 
I am feeling absolutely shocked and devastated. I met Cory in July 2010 outside a Gastown resturant. He was very friendly, kind, chatted with my friend and I for a bit after taking some photos. I remember thinking he was so nice and genuine.

He was one of those actors Canadians, like myself, were proud to call "our own" Growing up locally, working as a greeter at Walmart, then, making it big on Glee. The little Canadian boy that made it big... I can't believe he is gone.


I wish his family and friends peace in this difficult time.

No comments: