Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SOME Television Critic Association Press News...

There is a lot of news coming out of #TCAs2013 and it makes my television addicted heart happy. I could post every story and every link and spend my day doing that.... or I could summarize what excites me most and then log off and watch some more Shameless (USA, which is my new addiciton, 2 seasons down, one to go)

Deputy Linda (Natalie Martinez, from left), Joe (Colin Ford), Sheriff Perkins (Jeff Fahey) and Dale (Barbie) Barbara (Mike Vogel) and residents of Chester’s Mill find themselves suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by a massive transparent dome in Under the Dome. (Michael Tackett/CBS)

Under the Dome renewed:
In a statement, CBS president Nina Tassler said, "We're excited to tell more stories about the mystery of the dome and the secrets in Chester's Mill, and are thrilled to have the master storyteller himself, Stephen King, tell the first one of next season."

Clare Danes and Damian Lewis reveal what's in store for Homeland season 3

Homeland:
Damian Lewis's Nicolas (needs no introduction) Brody will not --repeat --not appear in the first two episodes of the third season, which arrive on Showtime Sept. 20. This makes me sadpanda. I love BRODY.

This is the cast of The Vampire Diaries spin-off series, The Originals .

The Originals:
Looking forward to this Vampire Diaries spin-off. After seeing TVD panel at SDCC and hearing some comments from Julie Plec, I am even more excited. After meeting Joseph Morgan, Damien Gillies (Who I love from Saving Hope also!) and Charles Michael Davis... well, my anticipation is off the charts. I love New Orleans as a city and the fact that it is based out of NOLA means exciting times.

 "What we would like be able to do is establish a show that works as its own and then as the story dictates have a little bit of a crossover," Plec says. "We don't want to pretend those [previous] relationships never existed."With a new show comes some notable changes for Klaus. "We're used to Klaus coming in with a bull-in-the-china-shop mentality, but Marcel has an army of vampires," Morgan says. "He's running the city and has the witches under his control. That in itself is a challenge. He'll have to employ manipulative backstabbing methods to take back the throne."
 There was some change up of the premieres, so THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3 we will see TVD 8pm and Originals at 9pm. The following week, the shows will air on their regular days, The Originals is TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8 at 8pm, while The Vampire Diaries will be 8pm THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10.


Shameless:
My newest obsession. The fourth season of "Shameless" will debut Sunday, January 12 at 9 p.m
I don't know HOW I will watch it week to week after this summer marathon of back-to-back obsession.



Dexter:
It's the end. Final season. Sadness. But Showtime president David Nevins said they have secured showrunner Scott Buck after the show ends. Later, when asked whether plans are still going forward for a "Dexter" spinoff, Nevins said, "Of course. We announced a deal with Scott Buck today. Draw your own conclusions." Speculation continues as to what the spin off would look like, my fave idea is a grown psycho-path, Harrison... mwahahahaha!

This pics made me even more keen on the idea:


Also... ABC Family announced third season of 'Switched at Birth' and renews "The Fosters" and "Twisted"

New show MOM looks awesome (Chuck Lorre tends to nail it with sitcoms)


 I need to do a Fall TV list post soon.... but for now, back to Shameless marathon....

No comments: