Monday, October 26, 2009

100 Monkey's Concert - The Venue Vancouver - October 25, 2009

The Farewell Concert for 100 Monkeys in Vancouver did not disappoint. The show was this evening at The Venue in Vancouver.

A packed house enjoyed all of the bands hits and new songs. Looks like a new c.d. coming out VERY soon - can't wait.

It was such an enjoyable show to spend with friends. I didn't get any great photos because I didn't have my camera battery charger, but friends got photos and my cell phone photos were tweeted via twitpic (they are blurry though).

Bleeding Horse Express opened and the lead guitarist had a shirt that said "Who the fuck is Jackson Rahtbone" very funny. They had brass instruments and great tunes. I really enjoyed them.

100 Monkeys
came on and the crowd went nuts. They went through their set with familiar tunes (even the new ones are familiar now after so many Vancouver shows we have been able to enjoy) and lot's of singing along.

My fave song Keep Awake (I will Kill you in your sleep) was the song I was waiting for... I needed to use the bathroom so when I saw Jackson on drums I ran up to the rest room, knowing he wasn't on drums for my song... sure enough the next song was mine - I rushed down to sing-along with friends.... good times.

It was so amazing to see familiar faces and many of the friends I've met through Twilight - most who got a kick out of my shirt (the one I got for my birthday heh heh)

Met a few new people - placed faces with twitter names and overall just had a great time.

The line to meet the band was super long after the show so I decided not to wait. But I soon learned my friends were waiting and since one of them was my ride I ended up waiting also. I am glad I did - I always feel like I shouldn't wait in line and take away time that others who haven't met them could have - then i am always glad I do wait because they are such awesome guys!!

Nutshell Encounters with each band member:
Ben G signed a pick for me - Jerad let me touch his hawk - Ben J thanked me for thanking him - Uncle Larry gave me kisses as always - Jackson promised he'd be back soon.

To each of them I told them thank-you for all the Vancouver Shows, I loved "Stay Awake" and hoped it would be included on their next album and hoped they'd return to Vancouver again soon.

Birthday Girl had a monkey shirt that said "Kiss Me - It's my birthday" she got lot's of kisses from people - I only witnessed the singer and the guitarist from the Opening band. I don't think she got Monkey Kisses... sadly.... though I may be wrong.

Overall, a great night and I can't wait for their new c.d as well as another show in Vancouver sometime soon :)

No comments: