Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Adam Lambert's AMA Performance

I was going to talk about this yesterday then decided not to now I feel like I should because my husband and I had a debate about it over lunch today.

I read a quote from Adam Lambert, which isn't in front of me, but basically addressed that women have been sexual and provocative for the longest time and now when men do it, it gets censored... I think it's simplifying the issue however I do disagree with the west coast feed being censored to exclude his homosexual kiss with "straight male key board player"

I agree with this...

I remember Madonna coming out and tongue kissing Britney Spears and then Christina Aguilera.

Here is the video for those who don't recall or didn't see it:



Yes, it was controversial, but I don't think it was pulled or censored...

Now, because it's two men (6 years later may I add!!!) it is not okay?

I don't think that is fair personally, same-sex couples exsist and if you agree with it or not, if you want to see it or not, is irrelevant. I don't believe in censorship... if you don't want to see something, you don't watch.... the government, the broadcasting companies, the execs should NOT decide for us.

Thank-you, that is all.

Oh and here is Adam Lambert discussing frame by frame his performance...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your point, and I agree that people have been harder on him than Madonna or Lady Gaga.
But I thought the AMA'a were relatively safe - now I know nothing is safe. How can I tell my kids to avoid sexual promiscuity if it's on TV every day??