Sunday, November 22, 2009

My New Moon Experience #3 (and #1 for my 6 year old daughter)

I feel like an expert at this point ;) It was my 6 year olds first time and my third..... Here are our thoughts...

***SPOILER ALERT***

Today I took my 6 year old daughter to see New Moon. She was very excited and wore her Twilight tee and Cullen Crest wristband.

She has seen the trailers enough to know what was coming and i have told her the entire plot since she is still too young to be able to read the novel. It was pretty cute to watch her expression throughout and hear her comments.

On the car ride there she said "Jacob is much more handsome in this movie and he is not as hairy" and also "Victoria's hair is so red now I think she is more bad too because she is angry about James" and "Is James in the movie at all, like, does he come back?" and "Who knows Jacob is a werewolf already?"

After responding to those toughies ("Yes, much more handsome" "Yes more red, bad and angry" "No, just as a memory flashback you see James from Twilight again" and "No one yet, not even Jacob knows, they all find out in this movie") we settled into the theatre for the show.

She sees an asian teenaged boy with emo hair and says "holy mom, I thought that was Eric" I look - it does indeed resemble him, and not just cuz he is asian ha ha. "Are any of the actors coming to see the movie" I reply "no hun, they are all done filming and have gone home"

[The other day she said "so the movie out now is the paper cut one with werewolves when Edward breaks up with Bella right? and they are done number 3 but it doesn't come out till summer?" I call her my Twilight Prodigy... don't judge me]

The movie begins:

  • The opening "Moon" she says "That's a moon, for new moon" clever girl states the obvious - but she is 6, I forgive her....

  • I also explain this first scene is at the end they just do a small clip to prepare us for the end.

  • I explain that the old lady is not her gramma but her as an old lady and it is all a dream, jus tto set her up for what I think may be tough to comprehend as a 6 year old

  • Love Billy Burke's performance always, he is funny and has the right tone of voice for every situation. "It's not wrapped so technically it's not a present" ha and "We co-ordinated" My kiddo laughs at Bella looking for grey hair.

  • 6 year old squeals a little when Edward walks towards Bella in parking lot, that is the response they are looking for, tho not likely from a 6 year old.

  • I like when Bella leans into Edward so hard his forhead squishes. Also that Bella's hair is a hot mess on her eye/forehead after the kiss.

  • I like that Jacob presents the present and just seeing him, my kiddo says "why isn't his hair cut yet? he is too hairy"

  • LOVE LOVE LOVE Robert Pattinson's facial expression as Edward when he said "How come Jacob can giv eyou gifts and I can't" the way his smirk appears and his eyebrows raise - friggin' LOVE it!

  • She likes how Alice jumps over rail of stairs and laughs at Jasper's face (I explain he is controlling her emotions so she says yes to the birthday party even though she doesn't want too)

  • She laughs at Eric crying so do I - - again...

  • She too made the connection I did between the photo of volturi and Harry Potter photos moving. I prepared her that they were going to twist the bad vampires head off and it was just movie magic pretend, she jumped a lil but said she wasn't scared she was just preparing for it if it was scary. ha ha.

  • Birthday party scene starts, she says "ooh paper cut part" She jumps when Bella is thrown into table by Edward "Why does he throw her so hard" she asks - I explain it's to save her from Jasper "Jasper won't hurt her" ha ha innocent lil thang

  • She isn't bothered by the stitches which surprises me - I still get squeamish.

  • She remembered from trailers the "it's still my birthday, kiss me" part

  • When Edward is in Bella's yard my kiddo said "uh oh he's going to break up with her now isn't he?" sure enough... This part is weird for me because they "go for a walk" from Bella's house and end up in a forest to break up and I know my local geography and those two parts were NOT filmed walking distance apart...usually in movies I wouldn't think of that - but I can't scratch the fact that I know even driving those places are a distance.

  • I explained the months passing scene she didn't and couldn't have understood it otherwise I don't think. I also explained the emails because she asked me "why is she talking to Alice when Alice isn't there?"

  • She said "don't get on bella, listen to edward" when Bella went to the biker bar and rode the motorcycle

  • As soon as Bella drove up to Jakes my daughter said "THE RED BARN" ha ha she has been to the barn and last March actually said "Mom my birthday is coming up are you more excited about my party or the red barn?" ha ha

  • We ran to the bathroom when they were driving but I told her about the cliff jumping and how Bella thinks they are hurt but it's just for fun, we returned when Sam did his jump.

  • During the movie scene she asked "When does Jacob cut off his hair" and the rest of the time she was quietly watching

  • In the rain she said "why is he so mean to her?" I explained he is a werewolf now and can't tell her and is scared of hurting her. She said "he looks cold" ha ha

  • When she saw Laurent she jumped "there he is" ha ha she was worried he would get her then was excited when the wovles came, i said "the wolves are coming now and even though they look scary they are good"

  • I told her the wolves kill Laurent so she was prepared.

  • She loved the bedroom scene when Jacob jumps up the tree (I do too!) When Jacob said "The killer part is you already know" My daughter said "I remember I remember the story" cute!

  • I warned her the wolves wrestle, she knew the first part from the trailers. She jumped a bit during Paul and Jacob's wolf fight

  • Emily's house scene she asked "where is jacob did he win?" ha ha

  • When Harry and Charlie are hunting she said "There she is behind you" ha ha

  • Underwater scene she said "does she make it ok?" and "there she is does she get her?" (yes she makes it, no she doesn't get her)

  • I told her the beach scene was near where we go camping all the time

  • She was so excited to see Alice again and said "why does Alice be so mean to Jacob calling him a dog and smelly?" ha ha ha

  • Italy Scene she says "I like that car, I want one"

  • Running through Italy "run hurry hurry"

  • When Jane came out "there she is" (I had told her she is in the film, my daughter knows her from other movies like "cat in the hat" ha)

  • I warned her it got loud and big fights but that everyone would be ok in the movie and in real life it was all pretend anyways. I also told her to watch closely at Alice's vision to see Bella as a vampire because in the 4th one she becomes a vampire. "ooh she sparkles pretty"

  • She was happy they decided she would become in the vote and glad to see her buddy "There's Nikki again"

  • The end made her cry because she doesn't want to see Jacob and Bella not be friends anymore. I explained they were friends and I explained who Renesme was and told her she and Jacob fall in love and get married one day... meh - close enough!
  • 4 comments:

    Chanty said...

    I loved this blog...it made me laugh and brought happy tears to my eyes...(im never emotional except when it comes to little kids)
    After watching the movie yesterday with my husband, we promised out little girl (7 years) to watch it again with her...now I cant wait!!!
    And when the dvdis released, my little boy (almost 3) will be enjoying the wolves and the fight scenes, just as he did in the trailers...lol

    April said...

    Okay I love this! I took my 7 year old daughter on Friday, She LOVED it!! I covered her eyes for the "bad vamp" scene w/ the Volturi, but she did great with the rest of it! She kept saying how "AWESOME" it was! Then yesterday I took hubby and my 7 year old again and the 5 year old daughter! 7 year old was super excited to see it again.. didn't cover her eyes at all this time ;). 5 year old Loved it as well. They would have loved to set stalk with me if that were an opportunity down here in Nor Ca! haha Love that we are raising little TwiHards!

    Charlene Austin said...

    So cute! How fun for your daughter. Love your blog as I can get all the info in one place.

    Now I best get finishing reading the last half of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn because there are a couple of things that you told your daughter that I didn't know about Bella and then Jacob. So exciting!

    Anonymous said...

    Glad you had such a great time with your daughter i enjoyed reading your blog.
    You did better than myself as i ended up planning all summer long to take my 14 yr old son and his 13 yr old friend. Lets just say boys that age dont take to it quite the same. And to think they talked all summer long about goin. lol