Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I usually watch American Idol once it gets to the final 10 or so. Auditions are hilarious but I cut them out of my schedule a couple seasons ago after some irritating people and a busy real life (you know, outside of television, twitter and twilight ;) ha ha)

Anyhow, last night I watched the Auditions and I have to say, I was sucked in. One, such as my husband, would think two hours of Simon Cowel and some half-ass singers would not be enjoyable, but I beg to differ.

Call me a cry - baby, but I am so moved by some of the stories (good job to the editors for creating that emotional connection) that I just bawl and squeal along with the parents and friends and family when they find out their love don gets the golden ticket.

And while I tweet when i watch the show (though often not live... either east coast feed, or sometime in between when I sit down with my PVR) I wanted to summarize a few things from yesterday and today's auditions.

it is too early to tell much, we still have Hollywood and whatnot... but here are some initial thoughts...

Yesterday's Show

Luke Shaffer was the whole package - great voice, cute, charming.

Benjamin Bright had an amazing voice.

Ashley Rodrigez [who sang alicia keys] - looks like a superstar and had a stunning voice.

Tyler Grady [2 broken wrists/drummer/70s gear] had a nice voice and that off-beat style and confidence.

Katie [16 year old with adult voice and The portuguese gramma] was shocking - so young but a voice of an experienced woman.

Justin Williams [who had cancer] is beautiful! Those eyes, that smile, the voice - #ai rawr #mommawants

Mike ["codzilla boat" guy] is charming, sweet, cute with an amazing accent.

As for Andrew [the dood w/ glasses who was grumpy about waiting] He was totally acting/wanting attention andso obviously putting on a show - Those are the kind of people who made me stop watching auditions before...

Tonight's Show

Skii bo ski - with a misspelled word on his shirt, I dunno, not really a fan.

Human Guitar Girl - talks so squeaky but sings so deeply, I wasn't a huge fan of her either though she is quirky.

The 2 BFF's - "The Ditzies" would be an excellent name for their duo - I wasn't a fan... they were annoying, I am glad the one didn't make it, I couldn't deal with her for another second.

Vanessa Wolfe - bridge jumper, country girl, I adore her... she kind of reminded me of Kelly Pickler in the sense that she comes from small town nothing... but where Kelly is ditzy, this girl is... just sweet. I hope hope hope she makes it onto the show - I really liked her a lot.

Miss Congeniality in Atlanta who sung Titanic was pretty awesome. I liked her a lot too.

Pants on the Ground - not only is #american idol and #americanidol trending but also #pantsontheground and #pants on the ground

Why?

If you didn't watch the show you need to youtube search "Pants on the Ground"

I will post once once an HQ official version comes up [right now it's all lame shakey versions]

You will Love it - - - Old man singing his made up song "Pants on the Ground" omg - he MUST MUST MUST [and will I am sure] be on the finale show <3

Who watches the show?

Thoughts?

3 comments:

pamj said...

Tonight was hilarious! There were some good singers in Atlanta, but they saved the best for last - General singing 'Pantsontheground", and almost doing the splits!
I have NO idea why they let Skibosky go to Hollywood - he was a 'moaner'; that's what I call the fake R&B guys. But I did like Randy's new name for him, "Skiblowski"! LOL!

QuiltNut Creations said...

i only ever watch the auditions. well, first season i watched the whole thing.

pants on the ground was absolutely hysterical! and yes, the Ditzies, the second on was super annoying!

Unknown said...

Comment on the "Ditizes", BFFs but totally fake. The girl that didn't get through looked like she hated her BFF. Brought me back to highschool.