Saturday, November 9, 2013

Doctor Who Countdown - Day of the Doctor

So I am a late bloomer when it comes to Doctor Who. I was interested in a while, but need to watch things from the pilot on ward in order to really watch a series. Sine Doctor Who started before I was born, I kept pushing it off.

THEN, a friend told me I could survive if I started with the ninth Doctor - and so I did.

SPACE channel (nerdy Canadian channel) started airing 8 episodes every Sunday in preparation for the 50th anniversary and so I have (mostly) kept up with those by marathoning episodes as I have time.

I fell a bit behind due to Halloween party planning and work and real life, but I am back at it and almost finished the tenth Doctor (David Tennant *swoons*) and ready to start the eleventh doctor soon (Matt Smith, who I met at Comic-Con in July.. saved his life actually #truestory )

Unfortunately, the local theatres sold out of the 50th anniversary Doctor Who tickets, but I have plans to go to a friend and colleagues house to watch unless we can somehow score some tickets if they release more.

Day of the Doctor Nov. 23 - who will be watching?





Hypable compiled a list of the particularly awesome things we see in this short preview:
0:07 – Gallifrey, seemingly before the Time War.
0:20 – Our first official look at Smith and Tennant working together in character.
0:25 – There’s a view of Rose with her eyes looking all Bad Wolf-y.
0:29 – Clara disappearing via the Vortex manipulator, which can be a throwback to Captain Jack’s own Vortex manipulator.
0:034 – John Hurt’s Doctor mysteriously reaching for a diamond. Could this be what he used to end the Time War?
We’re ridiculously excited about this trailer, as it gives us a whole new look into what the 50th anniversary Doctor Who special has to offer.
Earlier this week the synopsis for the trailer was released, which reads, “The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th anniversary special. In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.”




No comments: