Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bobby Long Cancelled - Now What?

I got news that Bobby Long was cancelled via BBM and I thought it was a joke... sadly, it was not.

I was already out with three other Twi-Fans (2 from St Louis) and we were quite devestated. While I called a few venues to set something up for all the Twi-Ladies who were likely as disappointed as we were, it was a Tuesday Night and not much is "happening" usually.

There was already a small group of ladies going to Glowbal for dinner, so I made another reservation and we piled a bunch of lovely ladies into the resturant and enjoyed a nice meal (minus the bubbly, over priced, water that never stopped coming) and great stories.

It was fantastic to meet so many twitter-friends and connect faces and names to tweets.

We enjoyed an amazing meal and drinks and then headed next door to Yale Town Brewery for some more bevvies.



That was when things started to go a bit strange... instead of having a good time and enjoying each others company the ladies started to get eager to meet stars.

After a few tips came in via text to several different ladies (many of the "tips" contradicting each other by the way - so obviously some bad so-called "sources") small groups of women would bolt out or disappear or sneak away.... I prefered to enjoy my beverage and company... well, who was left ;)

I began to feel really stressed out as the remaining ladies seemed to turn to me for answers on where everyone went, who they were going to see and most of all, how can they meet the cast...

I did NOT intend for the get together to lead to this, although i should have predicted it.... we are all huge fans and eager to see and meet the cast while they are in town.

I felt bad because one girl had already told me she made something up to deter others and soon after the stories she was telling me were blatant lies (which she was caught telling) and it became very catty between a few girls.

That was when I quit.

I quit the texts. I quit the effort. I quit caring.

I can not be the ambassador of twilight cast meets.

I met them all.

I saw all the sets.

but that was NEW MOON.

and this is ECLIPSE.

The whole world saw how fans easily met and photographed the stars last time and now the whole world is coming here and as I told the ladies last night, if all 20 of us went up to one of the cast, they would surely turn and run the other way (hell, I would if I saw a pack of cougars (pun intended.. I am nearing 30 and commenting on how hot the wolf-pup is, if that isn't cougar what is?) on the prowl heading full-speed towards me!!!)

Anyways, besides the end of the night, it was very enjoyable.

Dinner, Drinks, Convo....

But i learned a very valuable lesson...

I am not the tour guide of twilight cast... I am very excited to meet people coming to town but I am not going to spend my time giving you my tips and hints and leading the pack ....

Please do not ask.

If and when I decide to go downtown with the expectation or hope of meeting cast, I will do it solo or with a friend.... this was fun for me last time and last night it was not fun.... I saw a whole side-of crazy I had never experienced before and the stress was not needed....

That being said - I will blog encounters I have and others have after the fact if I want to - but not always....

Last Night Taylor and his dad and body guard enjoyed dinner together at a popular downtown resturant and when asked for photographs, Taylor kindly obliged and was very friendly.

One group of girls who are staying at the same hotel as Peter had the chance to meet him and get photographs and shared them with us at the Brewery. They also saw Elizabeth Reaser on two occasions in the lobby. They also met Xavier and had a funny story about an autographer who handed Xavier a photo of Charlie Bewely to sign... what a dumb ass eh? Congrats girls, I am glad you had such a great experience while you were in town :)

That's it for now....


Photos are up on my facebook:
Mandy S Mind

Thanks to Vivalamelika for sharing stories and to all my twi-besties for understanding and love

7 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

i don't think crazies covers fans like that. it's sad, i don't want Eclipse filming to be for ALL the cast like Remember Me was for Rob

bbwraven said...

You're right you should have to play tour guide.I saw Rob in LA and part of me wanted to ask for a pic but I just left him alone so he could enjoy the show.

Nicole said...

That really is too bad. I am sure it's difficult when people come to you but maybe if you just succinctly say "I'd be happy to meet you for a drink but just so you know I'm not going on a cast treasure hunt"? For those of us who don't live in Vancouver and think it's not really "us" to take a trip just to see our favorite stars I hope that you continue to share your stories. I loved reading and hearing of your trips and encounters during New Moon. Tammy good for you for letting Rob be when you saw him in LA. Really hope he and the other cast don't have to rent out places just to go eat or drink in peace.

Anonymous said...

Hhaha go mandy!

Anonymous said...

Well, I still want to met you one day for a drink! haha...I promise I won't go all crazy on your ass :P

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just wanted to have fun meeting new people, get drunk and see Bobby Long!

Well, two out of three ain't bad. Just wish the concert wasn't cancelled. :(

Anonymous said...

concert rescheduled for Sept 7th by the way...sorry your evening was such a bust! hope the 7th brings you laughs and good times =)