Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quickie 100 Monkeys at Backstage Lounge September 20, 2009

Tonight was 100 Monkey's Show.

I tweeted about it if you care to read the play-by-play

Apparently they kicked everyone out and made them line up - then come back in around 4pm...I wasn't there but friends were - and not happy about stopping eating/drinking/relaxing to go outside and wait in line only to return inside to continue eating and drinking.... ah well!

I got there when the opening band had started... Valerie and the Mutinators... maybe? I asked her like 3 times but I can't even recall - I blame the cold meds I am on ha ha! [head cold trying to take over my life - I refuse to let it mwahaha]

I saw so many friendly faces and got a chance to chat and hang out with a lot of twitter friends. <3

Xavier Samuel was there and looked sexy with his spikey hair and green hoodie. I had never actually talked to him - only seen him from a far so it was nice to meet him.

He kept peaking out and was very friendly. The first time I saw him I asked for a photo and offered to go around the corner so it woudn't draw attention - he agreed but barely stepped out of the way.




Other girls then asked and he happily obliged. I think he actually enjoyed it :) He popped out from the back room often and did autographs and photos each time he was asked - I only got the one but I did speak with him again after the show outside for a few minutes. I asked him if it was really him in the water filming the other day and he confirmed it was (some people were saying it was his stunt double in the photos I took of the vampires coming out of the "Puget Sound" I was fairly sure it was him - but now I have confirmed it)

Rumours were that Ashley was there but I don't think they were true (if they were - I didn't see her...)

The show itself was amazing! I always say it but - they put on an AMAZING live show! They are all such great performers... it's entertaining and fun and just an awesome time!!!

100 Monkeys was fantastic!



I swear Jackson was wearing an outfit that his opening band had worn at Rickshaw (black with weird red tie?!?!) with a hat that reminded me of zorro and Ben G had a wig on to start. Jerad looked ever-sexy in a white shirt and black tie and Ben J was rockin it with shaggy heair and full beard. Uncle Larry was... well Uncle Larry - classic cool and smooth!



I always joke with Uncle Larry and he is a pretty funny guy.

They did their usual "pick a word and we will make a song for it" and the word was David Bowie! Jackson sang and part of the song talked about "you might be a fairy, you're the king of trolls" I believe this was a reference to one of my fave movies ever LABYRINTH [where David Bowie is the Goblin King] I have a clip of it In my other post.

It was a packed house and everyone was having a great time :)



They played some KICK-ASS new songs - "I will kill you in your sleep" video is here I friggin' love it - ha ha ha it's so fun and creepy at the same time LOL

I have a lot of video clips I plan to upload to youtube asap (by tomorrow evening I hope- go ahead and check my youtube link clicking here) and they said more shows coming to Vancouver soon [rumour on twitter is October 17 - my birthday woo hoo]

After the amazingly high energy show they did autograph signing and ladie slined up to meet and greet with the band. Jerad had to leave after about an hour to catch a flight and the rest stayed until the last lady went through (a couple even went through twice!)


Again, I have tons of photos I promise to upload soon :)

Then they partied in the back room and popped out occasionally to check out the comedy show and use the restroom - no one really bothered them - one group of girls stopped Ben G [not that he minded at all ;) ha ha] for some photos.

The comedian was pretty funny but I was getting tired and so MeMy & I left. We saw Xavier leave and then a bit later Jackson both of who I said good night too - - they were very sweet.

It was a good night - tons of amazing videos & photos to share ASAP :)

For now here is one of my fave songs-



Also see David Bowie Song

And also I will kill you in your sleep hilariously awesome song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Jackson was channeling Jack White w/ that hat/outfit. LOL!

Vienna said...

ooooh I saw you at the show! I knew I recognized you from somewhere. The show was great! Thanks for sharing your pics, I didn't get very many good ones.

JellyBear said...

Hey Mandy... it was nice seeing you the other night, its been so long. I've been checking out your blogs, pictures and it seems you've got a real passion for this! I thought it was also really funny that I'm in your picture of the crowd... right by the "y" in mandy, I'm the one with a black bracelet taking a picture ;) Cant wait to see more pics and video's... I just cant get enough of these guys!!! They are great performers. (helps that they are gorgeous too)
Julie