Monday, January 25, 2010

Joan Jett talks about Kristen Stewart



Kristen Stewart, 19, may seem like a moody loner in photographs, but Joan Jett, 51, says she’s actually a lot of fun! Joan spoke with HollywoodLife.com at the Jan. 24 Sundance premiere of The Runaways in Park City, Utah, and she told us what working with (and teaching) Kristen was really like. “I had seen her on the movies and magazine covers, but I wasn’t colored by that,” she told us. “I found her to be down to earth, authentic and warm.”

She also said Kristen barely had to be given any direction when assuming the role of rocker Joan. “I didn’t give her any tips,” she said. “She took me in, she studied the Runaways music, she watched me and listened to my voice. I gave her some recordings of me talking… when I was 14. I had a Maryland/Pennsylvania accent that she wanted. She had pictures … she had books … she did her own thing.”

Wow! Who knew Kristen could be such a quick study?

And how did Joan feel about watching Kristen become her? “I thought it was really freaky,” Joan admitted.

[Hollywood Life]

No comments: