Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chris Weitz asks you not to spoil the ending of New Moon for others

First, I don' tknow what Twilight Fans haven't seen the movie yet, though some of my friends who are fans are waiting to see it mid-week as they have fear of lines, crowds, and squealing teenaged girls (which honestly, only the first two were problems in my two visits to New Moon So Far) anyhoo - I haven't done a full review of my own because I don't want to spoil, though I did an overall FIRST SCREENING report here and also a SECOND SCREENING

Anyways, here is what Chris Weitz is saying to MTV recently regarding New Moon and the ending:

If you're like a very large majority of Twilighters out there, there's a good chance you've already seen "New Moon" and have purchased a ticket to go see it again this weekend. Well, if you fall into that category, than director Chris Weitz really hopes you keep your mouth zipped "The final scene is extraordinarily emotional, and it leads to a very potent climax," he told MTV News on the red carpet of the NYC screening of "New Moon." "And it's kind of a spoiler, which I hope people won't give away."

That ending — a special moment between two characters that rhyme with Nella and Nedward — and the way it appears in the movie was plotted very carefully by the filmmaker and his team. "Everything about it was planned to reach that ultimate moment," Chris noted. Looking back at the overall film, he admits he's very optimistic about how it will be perceived among the world. "I feel it was as close to the final product as I could make it, which was an honest version of the book and something that a fan would appreciate," he said. "So it's not made for any particular demographic, except for the reader of the book who really wants to see it visualized."


2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

both times i've seen it, the audience cheers at the ending. sure there are groans when they realize it is the end but from what i've seen, everyone approves. i loved the ending!

Liisi said...

Hi!

Well Mandy I have to say that I haven't seen New Moon yet. But that's because I'm from another country

(Estonia, it's in Europe, Google it if you don't know where it is. Lots of people don't)

and for us New Moon comes out this week on 27 November. I'm going to see it on 28. So for the last couple of weeks or so I have tried not to see new stills or fan made videos of New Moon and I also didn't read your first and second screening reports because I don't want to spoil anything. I want to see New Moon without anyones comments on what happens. There are people around the world who haven't seen New Moon yet and I'm sure they read American sites and if they want to read everyone else's comments first then it's OK, but I think that there are more persons around who don't want to spoil anything.
You also didn't want to hear other's comments before you saw New Moon and you were happy that you didn't give in afterwards.

But your blog is great and I continue to read it and I will definitely read your reports of the screenings after I see New Moon.

PS! My comment wasn't to judge or complain I just wanted to tell what I am thinking.