Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vancouver Screening of New Moon

Tonight there was a Vancouver screening to New Moon.

I didn't go - but I have a few people I know that did go and said it was an amazing movie and that Chris Weitz himself was there to introduce the film and then was whisked away to catch a flight to NYC.

Apparently Chris Weitz arrived this afternoon with his wife from L.A. and they went for lunch locally.

Tonight at Scotia Theatre a group of privvie people got to see the advance screening of New Moon.

An introduction was done and location people were thanked and crew were thanked for all their involvement with the creation of the movie. Then Chris Weitz did a brief thank-you and the movie started just after 7pm.

There were no previews and I am told the movie was visually stunning and very well done [did we expect anything less?]

Chris Weitz was hanging out by the concession for about 20 minutes before the movie started, chatting with people and was very friendly and kind.

The theatre wasn't full but everyone stayed through the credits [to see their names perhaps] and there was plenty of applause as they rolled by.

Sounds like a fun night, I asked NOT to be told any specifics about the movie because I am seeing it in less than 24 hours - though it was tempting, when I changed my mind and said "fine tell me" my friend wouldn't [good job!!!]

Apparently the end is awesome and surprising and I will really enjoy the whole film which is paced well and just pretty incredible.

So that's the scoop ;)

OMG less than 24 hours to go!!!!!!!

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

wooo hooooooo!


and 223 days until Eclipse ;)