Saturday, November 21, 2009

Me singing being silly in front of hundreds of Twi-Fans

There is a story to this....

First of all, when I first heard "Let Me Sign" I couldn't understand a WORD Rob was singing... one day @amyburrows told me the lyrics and we listened and then they seemed to be clear as day, easy to comprehend.... even still I would make fun of the sound....

#1 - I LOVE the song "Let me Sign"

#2 - I LOVE Rob's singing voice

#3 - despite those 2 facts I still make fun of him singing cuz it is a very whiney tough to decipher sound.

OK - SO - At our New Moon Pre-Party we gave away a total of 10 tickets to Marcus Foster's Concert here in Vancouver December 8th and one contest we planned to do was "come sing a line from the song he co-wrote on Twilight Soundtrack" of course any lyrics from "Let Me Sign" would have won you the tickets but I thought I'd be silly and give an example of my impression of Rob singing the song - and people (mainly my friends of course) laughed and it became a joke.

When we got to the theatre and the staff asked for people who could sing one of Rob's song's I raised my hand then realized I'd have to sing in front of a whole theatre so i put my hand down - but it was too late, the group of people I was with were all pointing at me and the lady said "let's go" so I went up...

it was embarassing, but I really don't care much about what people think of me (if you haven't guessed that already ha!) and luckily I went up first because the other singers were, well, GOOD SINGERS and I was just being silly.

Anyhow - I sang my few whiney lines of "Let Me Sign"

The other girls all sang "Never Think" and they sang it really well (well I was #1 and silly, #2 was really good, #3 duet was not so good and #4 was really great and ended up winning)

ANYWAYS - Videos are now popping up on youtube so I decided I'd bite the bullet and just post them fo ryou to all enjoy and laugh at me ;)

I am first up - - - shuddupinyoface




And here is another one with less of my performance (lucky listeners ha_ and more of the last person as well as voting results ha ha



FYI - right after this BILL BANNERMAN came up to introduce the film - yup - embarassing!

Don't Miss Marcus Foster's Concert December 8th in Vancouver

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great prize! I hope you guys have a great time at Marcus's show :D