Friday, December 25, 2009

Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins breakup after 23 years

People posted this via Susan Sarandon's publicist:
"Actress Susan Sarandon and her partner of 23 years, actor Tim Robbins have announced that they separated over the summer. No further comments will be made."

Lainey Gossip posted this:
It’s been months. And the timing, and at the holidays, and she’s been so public lately promoting The Lovely Bones…gulp. I don’t want my smutty sense to tingle but it’s tingling. Yours?

Sigh. They were so good. It was 23 years. Or maybe I’m too cynical a bitch. Because 23 years is a really, really long time. Longer than almost anyone else in that business. And why does it have to be forever? Why can’t it be a good long ride that runs its course and that doesn’t mean it’s not a success? A much more pragmatic, realistic, approach. I think I prefer it.



Crazy?! I just don't get why celebrities can't last - - - I mean 23 years is amazing in non-celebrity standards these days... but my grandparents met in 10th grade and have been in love ever since... hell, even my baby sister met her husband when they were 15... ten years later they are still together, mind you married with a kid now, not just holding hands at the movies... still... celebrities never last this long, and after all that time what makes them call it quits?

Hmmm...

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

so sad! and yes, i don't understand either why stars can't stay together.