Thursday, August 5, 2010

SYTYCD Season 7 Top 4

Tonight we see who goes into the finale... before that I wanted to respond to last night's performance show - whatta show it was!

Group number choreographed by Tyce Diorio to “The Crapshooter’s Dance” – from Guys and Dolls.

I really enjoyed this, it's really interesting having one female left - she automatically stands out.

Dancer: Lauren Froderman
All-Star: Pasha Kovalev
Style: Tango
Choreographer: Miriam and Leonardo
Song: Astor Piazolla’s “Oblivion” –

Wow! This was hot! I laughed at Lauren's "it really akes two to tango" comments. I enjoyed the chemistry between the two.


Dancer: Adechike Torbert
All-Star: Lauren Gottlieb
Style: African jazz
Choreographer: Sean Cheesman
Song: Ralph MacDonald’s “The Pain,”

Adechike is starting to shine for me, it's too little too late, but I am glad now that he made Top 4 (Last week I thought Billy should have, even Jose but whatever) I love Sean Cheesman - period! So this piece was really entertaining. I agreed with most of the judges, though I felt they were trying to FORCE America to get rid of Ade ha.

Dancer: Robert Roldan
All-Star: Anya Garnis
Style: Viennese Waltz
Choreographer: Jonathan Roberts
Song: Anouk’s “Lost” –

RObert ROcks, that is all there is to it!

Dance: Kent Boyd
All-Star: Courtney Galliano
Style: Disco
Choreographer: Doreana Sanchez (of course)
Song: David Guetta and Kelly Rowland’s “When Love Takes Over” –

Kent is so amazing, I love Robert and Lauren but I think Kent will win. Courtney and disco just works, I remember her doing it in her season and she just has that bounce.... her fist rolls were spot on (not that I know ANYTHING about technical dancing, t just LOOKED great!) Kent wasn't fantastic, but disco is tough

Dancer: Lauren Froderman
All-Star: Ade Obayami
Style: Jazz
Choreographer: Sean Cheesman
Song: Kosheen’s “Hide U” –

Ade is so stunning, his movements are just perfect. I was never a huge fan of him in his season but I know a few of my friends were and I am finally seeing why - stunning! Lauren was fantastic and again, I adore Sean Cheesman so this was just great for me.

Dancer: Adechike Torbert
All-Star: Kathryn McCormick
Style: Contemporary
Choreographer: Desmond Richardson and Dwight Rhoden
Song: Melissa Etheridge’s “Fearless Love” –

This for me was good but again, I feel like he is definately NOT in the top 2 and kind of glazed over it and watched from the kitchen as I made a sandwich ha

Dancer: Robert Roldan
All-Star: Dominic Sandoval
Style: Hip hop
Choreographer: Nappytabs
Song: Basement Jazz ft. Kelis, Meleka and Chipmunk’s “Scars” –

SO NOT normal hip hop - very deranged, but enjoyable, pure entertainment! Loved how Dominic kind of got added to the tour LoL Robert is so stunning, I think he will be successful regardless

Dancer: Kent Boyd
All-Star: Neil Haskell
Style: Contemporary
Choreographer: Travis Wall
Song: DeVotchka’s “How It Ends” –

Kent and Neil - together, goosebumps, even remembering last night! Their baseball routine was fantastic, and last night's routine - even better! Travis Wall is truly amazing, a genius, and the routine was choreographed beautifully and performed wonderfully - it was amazing! It felt almost like a gay love story - especially with Prop 8 being overturned. ha ha! Either wa - beautiful!

It's really been a rollercoaster of a season. With so many injuries and up's and down's.

My guess is Ade will go home, then Robert. Lauren and Kent will be final two with Kent winning.

Thoughts?

No comments: