Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today's Filming - Battle Scene? New Borns Arrive! September 15

There were two sets today.

Main Set
The main cast was at the same location as yesterday, where they did the fight training scene.

We also know that The Wolf-Pack is in town right now.

Twitter News:
Peter Facinelli tweeted:Heading to work. Gonna get lost in the woods with some werewolves today.

That along with David Slade's tweets, yesterday:Forrest again today, tomorrow we do wolf shots, saw some great wolf tests today, early stages developed from New Moon wolves.

Predictions
All of this leads me to believe they filmed the "battle" scene everyone is so excited for.... are there any other scenes with all the Cullen's and the wolf-pack together outdoors?

Since it was the same location as yesterday [and quite impossible to get to unless you are with the production company or breaking laws,] I didn't even bother trying to get close but instead enjoyed watching the B-Unit film. (Xavier, Jodelle and extras were all on this set)

I do know that the Main Set wrapped around dinner time and 2 fans from Florida who were at the circus (hair/make-up/wardrobe trailers/tents) entrance had an amazing opportunity to meet and get photos with several cast memebers including Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene and Elizabeth Reaser after they finished filming. (Also Peter Facinelli, Jackson Rathbone and even a "peace sign" from David Slade)

B-Unit Set
Here is what I observed:

  • Vampires emerging from the water.

  • Vampires had wet suits on underneath "street clothes."

  • Some vampires were in suits, others in hoodies and pants.

  • One of the vampires (leading the pack) was Riley.

  • They shot from every angle imaginable.

  • There was a hot tub on set for between shots.

  • Bree was on set (Jodelle Ferland) and I actually saw her along with other vampire extras when I used the public bathroom.

  • They had red contacts that made their eyes look absolutely evil.

  • They had white make-up on their faces and visible upper body parts.

  • Riley had a brown hoodie on.

  • There were two bald vampires.

  • Riley is the first to come out of the water, then the other vampires (simply numbered off during the shoot) emerge.

  • They walk out of the water and onto the shore.

    Based on these observations
    I think this is around or just before Ch 25 (Mirror) [Read summary at Twilight Lexicon] when the New Borns (led by Riley) come to Forks. I think (as often happens) the movie has changed from the book a bit to allow an easy and stunning visual of the New Born Army arriving on the shore of Forks to take over.

    I could be wrong but this is my best guess based on what I observed and the plot of the novel.

    I took a few photos which I will post by Friday. As I said in yesterdays blog I don't want to post any photos until the location wraps - and usually I don't even post details until after the location wraps but it was so very exciting I couldn't wait to share it with you all.

    I am so excited about Eclipse - I think David Slade is doing such an amazing job from what I have been able to catch glimpses of. It is so strange to see filming of Eclipse and being so excited for a movie that doesn't come out until next summer... especially strange is that I haven't seen New Moon yet and am still so excited for the third installment of the Twilight Saga.
  • 2 comments:

    QuiltNut Creations said...

    i have to say, i may be more excited for Eclipse than i am for New Moon lol. thanx for the updates

    Applepe said...

    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... the photo of the new borns emerging from the water... put me a little scared.. lol....

    Grettings from Argentina, South America..:)

    xoxo