Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Joss Whedon to direct an episode of Glee

Joss Whedon is going to direct an episode of Glee



Dollhouse-keeper Joss Whedon has agreed to direct one of the back nine episodes that Fox just ordered.

Turns out, the genius who gave us not only the “Once More, With Feeling” musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but also Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is a big fan of Ryan Murphy’s new phenom. So when Twentieth (the studio behind Glee) approached him about the gig, pretty much his only reservation was scheduling.

“Joss directed one of the great musical episodes in the history of television on Buffy,” gushes Murphy, “so this is a great, if unexpected, fit. I’m thrilled he’ll be loaning us his fantastic groundbreaking talent.”

And there’s no reason to panic, Dollhouse fans: I’m told the auteur’s moonlighting in no way, shape or form suggests that that show is a goner. He’d most likely tackle the side job after Eliza Dushku and Co. have wrapped their 13-episode order.

So whad’ya think? Good news or great? And any bets on how soon the petition will be started to get Sarah Michelle Gellar a bit part?


I was a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. The musical episode "Once More with Feeling" was absolutely hilariously fun and I even downloaded the soundtrack ha!

I am a MAJOR Joss Whedon fan. I love Dollhouse, Buffy, Angel, Firefly.

I'd hoped to meet him when he was in Vancouver in the Spring filming "Cabin in the Woods" but didn't due to my preoccupation with a little thing called Twilight New Moon ha!

Anyhow, I can't wait for this to happen.. how exciting.

No comments: