Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rob lands in L.A. - - - I question the relationship of fans/papz/star


I have such mixed feelings about this all. I mean, fans want photos, though we are greedy (hello Vanity Fair and Harper Bazaar and we still want more!) and the Paparazzi's job is to take photos, and somewhere in that mix the movie stars job has become hiding from photos.... which sucks for fans... can't we all come to a happy medium - like fans be less greddy, paparazzi be less agressive and movie stars be more relaxed... it'd be a triple win in my books. I mean what would the harm have been really if paps got a few more shots of him inside the vehicle rather than a jacket?

Am I wrong here?

Thoughts?

3 comments:

lgardner331 said...

I totally agree, I feel so sorry for them I don't know what I would do in their shoes. Let them enjoy life! I wonder if those fans, who were truely concerned about their welfare, boycotted the pap photos and mags and internet site if they would stop...supply and demand.

Anonymous said...

You say "what would be the harm...if paps got a few more shots of him inside the vehicle rather than a jacket?" I do understand where you're coming from, Mandy.
But imagine being a person whose every move is photographed. They are constantly forced to be self-aware, knowing that people around the world are always watching. It's enough to make ANYONE paranoid!
For example, maybe Rob had red eyes (from allergies, of course!) and wanted to take off his sunglasses without the world writing stories about his red eyes.
That's just one scenario. Sure, it's fun to know that Rob is back in LA. But I don't need a picture to prove it. All the magazine photos lately are plenty!
Yes, there's got to be a better way. Maybe it will come down to passing a law restricting paparazzi access - I'm not smart enough to figure this one out.

QuiltNut Creations said...

no you aren't wrong. i hate pap pics for the most part. there is the one of Rob, i think it was taken during New Moon? where he is in a cab and he looks so sad. they(stars) have a right to private lives and sadly paps take advantage of that. but as long as fans want pictures of every/anything, they will continue being taken