Tuesday, November 3, 2009

V on TV

In 1983 a mini-series called V was on. The two-part miniseries ran for 200 minutes and was successful enough to spawn a sequel, V: The Final Battle, which was meant to conclude the story. In 1984, however, a weekly television series continued the story a year after the conclusion and now, years later, V returns.

I was very young when the original aired, but I remember watching this show with my mother. I remember her telling me the white rat one of the aliens ate was just a white chocolate rat, like teh white chocoalte bunnies I got at Easter.

When I was about 20, I found "V" on vhs and bought it.

For some reason I just loved the show. Maybe it was because my favourite horror character Freddy Kreuger was on it (Robert Englund played Willie) or the cool red outfits.... but I liked it.

Now as V prepared to air tonight, I am excited to see what changes have been made.

I am a fan of The 4400 whose creators Scott Peters, Jace Hall, Steve Pearlman, and Jeffrey Bell are executive producers for V.

Sadly only four episodes of V will air in November and the series will resume in March 2010 after the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I hate long waits between episodes of my shows.

It is filmed in Vancouver also and includes a cast of:

Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans (Lost)
Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols
Joel Gretsch as Father Jack Landry (also in 4400)
Lourdes Benedicto as Valerie Stevens
Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans
Morena Baccarin as Anna, the leader of the Visitors
Laura Vandervoort as Lisa, a Visitor
Scott Wolf as Chad Decker, a reporter (Party of Five)

No comments: