Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Three Men and a Baby Returns... all grown up.... Three Men and a Bride

Three Men and a Bride? Wait - What?

Let's back track....

I was watching Tower of Terror (some Disney Halloween Kids Movie) with my daughter the other day, when I saw Guttenberg on my t.v.

"That guys still alive" I asked my husband who shurgged.

I hadn't seen (or thought of for that matter) of Steve Guttenberg in years. Remember him from Police Academy? Short Circuit? Cocoon? and of course Three Men and a Baby!

I loved Three Men and a Baby with Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and Guttenberg. Three Men and a Lady was less of a hit but I saw it too.


Rememeber the rumoured haunting on set with the "ghost" in the window (you can still see on film - go rent it)


IMDB states:
Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Jack's mother comes to visit Mary, you can see in the background what appears to be a little boy standing in front of a window. There is a rumor that this is the ghost of a little boy who died in the apartment in which the film was shot. This rumor is false, as the interiors were all shot on a sound stage in a movie studio. The "ghost" is actually a cardboard cut-out of Jack wearing a tuxedo. This prop appears later in the film, when Mary's mother comes to collect her. Some argue that "it's smaller" or "it's dressed differently", but close examination reveals that it really is the cardboard prop.

In the same scene when Jacks mother comes to visit Mary, when she walks past the sofa to the right their is a prop of a rifle standing on end right behind the sofa as they walk across the room. When they walk back across the room to the left, the cardboard cut out is in the window.


Anyways, my reason to walk down movie memory lane is because THEY ARE MAKING ANOTHER MOVIE!


I read this post on chud.com:

Says Guttenberg: "Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and I are looking to make another Three Men And A Baby movie. It's called Three Men and A Bride. The script is pretty much written and we are really keen to get that made. We're very hopeful." Also, according to the IMDB article, Guttenberg is also looking to resurrect the Police Academy franchise. Although Guttenberg hasn't been in the limelight as much over the last 18 odd years, he has kept busy, with roles in smaller movies and TV shows like Veronica Mars and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

No word if they can book the cardboard ghost cutout, which was unceremoniously dumped from the first sequel.


Heh Heh!

I would deffo go see this. I wouldn't set my expectation high, but I'd go see it.... or at least rent the dvd ha!

No comments: