Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bel Ami Casting Rumour & Bearded Rob



This is still just a rumour - nothing is confirmed yet!


There are some rumours floating around the interwebs today that actress Holly Grainger has been cast in the role of Suzanne in the film Bel Ami. Robert Pattinson fans will recall Holly Grainger from The Bad Mother’s Handbook, she starred opposite him in 2007 as pregnant teen Charlie Cooper.

In the script, the character of Suzanne is Mme Rousset (Kristin Scott-Thomas) and Rousset’s (Colm Meaney) young daughter and is pivotal to the story. Young Suzanne Rousset is closely involved with Robert Pattinson’s character of Georges Duroy in Bel Ami.

We do know that filming begins in a few weeks and Robert Pattinson plays journalist Georges Duroy in the film adaptation of Guy de Maupassant’s 19th century novel.Nothin glike Twilight, Georges isn’t quite the faithful boyfriend that Edward Cullen is!

“One of his sex romps with Christina [Ricci] finds both their characters surprised by the intensity of the racy encounter,” the mag says. “Tender, aching moments pass before Georges asks Christina’s Clotilde, ‘Now?’ And he doesn’t stop there.”

Rob’s character also gets friendly with characters played by Uma Thurman and Kristin Scott Thomas! But it is the heaty scenes with Ricci I am eager to see.... let's face it, Ricci... she's amazing!

Robert Pattinson says he’ll have to gain weight for Bel Ami, and this role is likely the reason for the hairy face we saw yesterday when he emerged from his privacy for a few hours to tape a segment for Hope for Haiti.



In October 2009, the New Zealand Herald published an interview with Robert Pattinson in which he spoke candidly about his upcoming roles including his role as Georges Duroy in Bel Ami.

“…I’m doing Bel Ami, based on the Guy de Maupassant novel in January as well, and I don’t really know how I’m going to fit that in. I have to gain weight – but I don’t think they’ll let me put on much as I have to shoot the final Twilight movie afterwards. I have to look older, as the character Georges Duroy has been living hard for a good six years just getting drunk all the time. So I want to look a bit haggard.”

Well, I don't like the beard personally, but I am sure many women don't care ha ha ha - - - He's a hottie either way and I am excited to see him in this role.

2 comments:

pamj said...

I loved Bad Mother's Handbook, and love Holly! Excited for this movie.

Mandy's Mind said...

I haven't seen it - - yes this movie will be great