Saturday, December 19, 2009

Taylor Lautner to star in "Cancun"

Summit Entertainment home of The Twilight Saga will soon have another notch under their belts. Twilight & New Moon star Taylor Lautner is will star in the upcoming action flick Cancun.

CANCUN follows an out-of-place college kid who travels with a girl to Cancun on a break. While there, the girl and her friends are taken hostage by a drug cartel and he is forced to save them.

The film is being designed to allow Lautner to use his martial arts skills, some of which he recently showcased on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

NMM.org says:
The plot alone sounds quite intriguing, I can’t wait to see this film. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that “Cancun” is the first film from the production company that Taylor and his dad Dan Lautner have started together & that Dan Lautner may produce the film! I would love to see his production work. I had no idea Taylor’s dad was even a producer, did you? Poor MEC always the last to know, lol.


Mandy's Mind - I think that Summit is smart to cash in on Taylor and use his dad also. I think it will do well actually, and not just because of Taylor (though mostly) but because the plot is relevant and real.... last Spring Break I know thousands of bus tours travelling to Mexicon were cancelled because of drug cartels and the drug war happening in the North of Mexico... luckily I was flying right over all that and directly into my sunny destination.... anyhoo - I will see this movie, will you?

[source]

No comments: