Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Breaking Dawn filming starts in Baton Rouge



When I went to Baton Rouge in October I went to Celtic Studios to see a bit of where Breaking Dawn would film. I spoke to the two heads of security, one who is interviewed below. The news is similar to what I was told and is not surprising. I am glad we got lot's of photos and news from Brazil, because I fear Baton Rouge will be tough seeing as it is all studio.

Studio security is always tight, but this is intense...

Scene Louisiana reports similar news:
“We have increased our number of full-time security personnel from six to twenty-four in the last week,” says Achee. “That’s just the beginning of the ramp-up. We’ll be adding two to four more every week.” Rather than hire harmless security guards, these new additions are mostly veterans of Louisiana police forces and sheriff’s departments.

In addition to the direct hires, another twenty man force has been added as well. “So, we’ll have on property at all times a forty-eight man force. We are not taking security on this property lightly,” Achee says.

More...

The high profile project also brings its own high profile security. In addition to the personal body guards employed by stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, the production itself employs additional security. “The security that the production has brought doubles our own force,” says Achee.

”We have a law on the books, State criminal statute 1462.4. If you get charged with that offense, it’s a felony. This ain’t no misdemeanor.”

That statute of Louisiana’s criminal law states that, “Unauthorized entry of a place of business is the intentional entry by a person without authority into any structure or onto any premises, belonging to another, that is completely enclosed by any type of physical barrier that is at least six feet in height and used in whole or in part as a place of business.” Those convicted of felony trespass on the studio lot are subject to imprisonment at hard labor for up to six years and a fine of up to $1000.

“We will absolutely prosecute every person who trespasses,” says Achee. “There have been six who trespassed before and they have all been caught.” When asked how he knew only six had trespassed before, Achee’s answer came quick: “Security cameras. The property is covered with high definition security cameras. A camera mounted on the [main building] can capture the license plate of a car all the way on the other side of the property.” The security camera system video is stored to a source that is backed up offsite. Additionally, the system has a back-up power supply that allows it to continue operating in the event of a power failure.

Achee and his crew of security officers are authorized to detain any trespassers by force until local law enforcement arrives to complete the felony arrest. We asked him if he planned on seeing any young teenage girls arrested, Achee said, “Absolutely. I think of this place as a home. You wouldn’t want somebody trespassing in your home, and if you did, you’d defend yourself. That’s what we’re doing here, it doesn’t matter who it is.”

In closing, when we asked how confident he was that there would be no issues for the productions under his care at Raleigh Studios, Achee’s answer was clear. ”I used to run security for Elvis,” he says. “I’m confident.”




This seems intense eh? Luckily Vancouver is my stomping grounds and has exterior sets that are easily accessible to view from public locations.... that is how I had success with the previous two movies and hope to again with the parts of Breaking Dawn that will film here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you in Baton Rouge, or hoping to go - - - I suggest Perkins Rowe. Some of the cast have been spotted there and when I was there we walked through to check it out because a birdie told me there were some condo's there that the cast were staying at....





Plus there are some great shopping spots and restaurants!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
In other Breaking Dawn Baton Rouge possible news, a friend of mine who lives there sent me this email:
I followed some signs today to an area close to my house. They said UPS. Untitled something I'm sure. I found the crew parking at the dead end of a road that continued onto a private drive. This property actually backs up to The River. I know there are other movies being filmed here, but I know a girl who lives on the private property and she confirmed it was TSBD. Don't know if this is B unit or what because I have seen nothing of the actors returning to BR. I wonder what they could be filming by the river?? Maybe when Bella jumps across it?? In that case I guess it would be a stunt woman.

There was alot of security in the area. I have included a couple of pics, nothing exciting though. I'll keep in touch.

JW

Who knows if the girl who lives on that street has accurate information or not but if so, it seems they are doing some exterior stunt work in Baton Rouge, though I really did think that it was all studio in Louisiana... I could very well be wrong.

Time will tell, hopefully the news keeps pouring in....

Can't wait for Vancouver Breaking Dawn - - - though, to be honest, it stresses me out also... so many people, and gossip, and drama...

I hope I can just fly by solo and quiet and get some cool photos and info to share with blog readers :)

No comments: