Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sofia Coppola talks Breaking Dawn with MTV

MTV writes:

"While the "Breaking Dawn" director's chair for both parts 1 and 2 is officially occupied by Bill Condon, "Twilight" fans know that there were several other high-profile names attached to the project before Condon signed on.


Among them was "Lost in Translation" and "Marie Antoinette" director Sofia Coppola. When we caught up with the writer/director to discuss her upcoming Chateau Marmont-set film, "Somewhere," we asked her if there was any truth to the "Dawn" director rumors.



More...
"Yeah, yeah, I talked to them about that," Coppola revealed to MTV News. "I was interested in doing something but I didn't end up doing it. But I love, I'm impressed by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison pulling it off in that whole story," she said. "And my friend's kids love the story so much that I thought it would be fun to make something that they love so much."


Asked what she liked best about the blockbuster vampire franchise, Coppola admitted she goes weak in the knees for romance.


"I just love that it's so romantic," she told us. "I'm always a sucker for a love story and also to do something for teenagers, because I feel like, why not have beautiful cinematography and all these things in a kid movie? Usually it looks like it's not crafted very sophisticated, and I feel like it'd be nice to bring that kind of style into a younger film."


Perhaps the studio heads can line up Coppola for the talked-about film version of the "Eclipse" novella, "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner"?"


[Source: MTV]

No comments: