Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SYTYCD Canada 18 becomes 16 as two more dancers are sent home

My power rankings last night were pretty accurate once again, well two out of three is not bad.. certainly better than my first week’s epic fail ha ha….

Here is how tonight’s episode went:

More...

Opening Number:
“Let Go” – Mitzi Gaynor
Mia Michaels

Sliding around, bright coloured suits, smoke sticks in their mouths, sharp movements and jumps mixes with slow groovy motions.

Judges:
Blake McGrath
Tre Amrstrong
Jean-Marc Genereux
Special Guest – Melissa Williams

Results:

Amanda and Denys – safe

Kloe and Jonathan – safe

Janick and Shavar – safe

Jera and Kirsten – dancing for their lives

Claudia and Edgar – dancing for their lives

Charlene and Jeff – safe

Nathalie and Mackenzie – safe

Julia and Jesse – dancing for their lives

Danielle and Sebastian – safe

Solo’s – Dancing for their life:

Females:
Kirsten – seemed nervous with a few wobbles but overall strong movement
Claudia – Again, I expect a lot from women’s ballroom solo and she didn’t quite bring it as much as I would have liked.
Julia – Had a more entertaining ballroom solo than Claudia in my opinion

Males:
Jera – very passionate he danced like he meant it
Edgar – I love his solo’s he is smooth and has swagga’
Jesse – he danced for his life… holy passion

Sent home:
-Julia
-Jera (not unanimous – Tre was in tears)

Thoughts:

I was shocked Jera went home. I thought Edgar would to be honest. Julia did not surprise me though I would have sent Claudia home, she is a one-trick pony in my opinion.

And now we are down to 16…

Thoughts?

No comments: