Tuesday, June 14, 2011

True Blood's Joe Manganiello - Alcide - in Men's Health Magazine

Joe Manganiello, who plays werewolf Alcide on HBO’s True Blood, recently talked to Men’s Health magazine. With his return to season 4 this month, all talk centred around his physique.

“I have to look this way. Because somewhere there’s a kid just like I was, who looks at the werewolf in the comic book, then looks up at the screen. And I want him to say, ‘Wow! That’s right, that’s what it looks like.’ I grew up reading comic books. I watched so many comic book movies where the actors weren’t as built as the characters in the book. It made me mad because they didn’t look right.”

And to look that way, Joe has to endure an hour of pain for every workout. He explains that while he was interested in a sports career as a youngster, it was the abuse of steroids around him, that deterred him from following that path. Our Joe prefers hard work over drug use to get a perfect body. See it for yourself below...


[Source]

No comments: