Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can't wait to see "The Help" with Emma Stone


I am getting excited to see The Help staring my #girlcrush Emma Stone. I am also nervous, I want to finish the book before I see the movie and my time to read has been limited lately...

They recently did a screening (Saturday in Mississippi) and the press tour is in full swing with appearences and interviews all over... here are a few:



USA Today writes:

MADISON, Miss. -- Hundreds of curious onlookers and paying fans gathered to see "The Help" on Saturday, the story of a budding white journalist (Emma Stone) fresh out of Ole Miss (the University of Mississippi) in the early 1960s who convinces black maids Aibileen (Viola Davis) and Minny (Octavia Spencer) to risk their jobs and lives to give her a first-person account of domestic service.



Canada.com writes:
We have the mercurial Emma Stone - at 22, one of the most promising young stars of her generation - talking about the emotional challenge of her first major foray into a serious dramatic role.

Sitting next to her is award-winning actress Viola Davis, who made an indelible impact with her Oscar-nominated performance in the 2008 film Doubt, starring Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams.

These two actresses of different generations and backgrounds are united in a common cause today. They want their new movie called The Help - an unflinching but ultimately uplifting look at racism in 1960s Mississippi - to find an audience when it opens Aug. 10.

``Everything about every role for me is a challenge,'' Stone sighs, ``but this was the first time I'd ever done a movie based on a book, and to me, it was very, very important to live up to the character I had in my head.''


[Source & Source]

No comments: