Monday, June 25, 2012

#MagicMike Review - Advanced Screening

Where to start.... Magic Mike...

The Good:

-Channing Tatum
-The dancing and stripping
-The relationships that develop
-most the dialogue and jokes
-Channing Tatum
-Joe Manganiello
-Alex Pettyfer
-Kevin Nash
-Matthew McConaghey
-Channing Tatum

The Bad:

-too much talking and plot and clothes on scenes
-the lead girl was horrible. She mastered the bitch face but her dialogue was stiff and her laugh annoying and forced.
-some storylines / goals weren't achieved and I would have liked to see them wrap up more successfully - maybe a sequel? ha ha!

Overall it is amazing....,

The group dances and Channing Tatum aka Magic Mike's dance routines are so good. Of course he WAS a stripper and IS a dancer and so it is to be expected. The others were good and Alex pettyfer made me LOL as he was the new "kid" learning.

Some favourite scenes:

-Matthew McConaghey training Alex Pettyfer to grind, and rotate and then STICK IT
-Channing's moves - not just because I am me and he is he, but legit - some awesome moves!
-The themed dances. From safari to medical to combat to rain gear, to individual costumes such as Tarzan and firemen, I seriously couldn't get enough of it. I am not usually one of THOSE girls, but good lawrd I was tonight! Those men are mmmm mmmm mmmm
-the amusement park. Everything about that scene slayed me. Alex interupting his sister and Channing, the two guys grinding the bench and umbrella as the sister walks away - seriously funny shit!
-initiation of Alex Pettyfer's character. Kevin Nash gets him working fast ha ha "massage it in"
-hurricaine party
-Breakfast Food Lover scene (Channing comes in and says to Alex's sister "so i hear you like breakfast food" and she gets all bitchy "he must be drunk, I don't fucing cook" or something like that, to which Channing's character says "we were going to go to IHOP but you just stay here breakfast hater" or something like that - it becomes their "thing" the whole movie ha ha)
-"my wife has great breasts, touch em" "I love you man"

Some uncomfortable scenes:

-the sister's scenes, when she had to talk

Gah, I am still taking it in... I will add more... I had a few too many at the premiere party after the movie - we all got free appies and drinks and Magic Mike swag... so fun!

There is another screening on Wednesday and a midnight release Thursday then my "Girls and Gays Night" Friday (we are doing cocktails and then going to see Magic Mike.

Man, I COULD see it 4 times this week... maybe... heh heh


Demanda said...


Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't havе a dоnate buttοn!

I'd without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and addіng your RSS feed to my
Goοglе account. I lοok fοrwaгd to new updates and
wіll tаlk about thіѕ site wіth my
Fасebook gгoup. Тalk sоon!
Feel free to visit my site The Ultimate Fighter Season 16 Episode 11 Free Stream