Sunday, May 24, 2009

American Idol - Kris Allen Wins?!?

I haven't mentioned it til now but I really have mixed feelings about Adam Lambert not winning. I mean he was the OBVIOUS choice and I feel somehoe like something went - not wrong - but - wonky....



Adam Lambert will be a star with or without American Idol, and Kris Allen, well, maybe not as much.... so in Kris Allen WINNING, both Kris and Adam are set for life, (or for Kris.... at least the year)



I liked Kris from the start, he was cute and his voice is kind of John Mayery to me.... in a good way..... his wife and him seem so darn young, but they are cute and it works.



Adam.... is he or isn't he gay? well, it's fairly obvious, I mean not since Clay Aiken has American Idol been so convinced ;)

Interestingly enough - Clay AIken had some harsh words about AI and AL... he posted it in a blog that was later taken down but the screen cap can be seen, as well as the entire blogs text HERE AT GAKER.COM

Some highlights:

I couldn't be happier about the way AI ended this year. I only turn the show on once a season, and only to see what the set looks like each year. This year, I happened to turn it during the minute that Adam Lambert was singing "Ring of Fire" and, at that moment, thought my ears would bleed. Contrived, awful, and slightly frightening!

there was an obvious bias. Not even having watched the show, I can tell you that I was WELL aware of the bias from the judges as to who should win. In my opinion, that is awfully unattractive. I don't think I am alone

In my opinion, it all often comes down to that last night of voting. Until the finale, folks are voting for the contestant that they want to see continue. But, I believe that on that last night, the dynamic changes. No longer forced to choose one person that they want to see win, the audience can effectively vote AGAINST the person that they don't want to see win.

I think many voters got sick of being "told who to vote for". I think many were turned off by the blatant favoritism shown towards one contestant. Therefore, on that last night, they used their votes against a contestant that they were tired of hearing about and for the contestant who had been written off. And, at the same time, I think they voted AGAINST an American Idol that has, for four years now, been more about the slick productions and polished contestants than it has been about finding the raw talent that it did in its first three seasons.


Harsh?


Gawker added this:
That's some hardcore bitchiness right there! However, we can't help but wonder if it's derived from the fact that Idol producers recently did everything they could to crush Aiken's dream of doing a duet with Lambert. [*click here*]

Suntimes Entertainment Reports: That was just one reason for the backstage tension on the ''Idol'' set in Hollywood last week, when Aiken showed up unannounced but expecting the VIP treatment. ''I don't know why Clay felt that way,'' said a show staffer who has been on board since the reality talent show was launched. ''Everyone knows -- and certainly Clay knows -- he's persona non grata around here.''

OOoooh The Drama!!!

But back to Adam Lambert, and the is he or isn't he gay thing....



Check out these pics [*CLICK HERE*] - I am sorry - I LOVE LOVE Adam Lambert just a lil more everyday he looks fantastic in drag - despite what the website says.... and he is indeed kissing a boy, so.... you do the math ;)

HOWEVER - - -

I respect his silence...in America, sadly, sexuality DOES play a major role on being likable - at least for some people who don't know any better....

However, his sexuality is NOT imo, why he didn't win....

I think, and I am pretty certain, that his overwhelming talent will get him far no matter what and that is why he didn't win... if he won he'd be under contract with American Idol (or however the heck it works) and bynot winning he can go be, oh, I dunno, the lead singer for Queen...


Check out this article



Queen and Paul Rodgers are going separate ways, Adam Lambert just sang Queen's hit song on AI, then Queen comes to AI Finale and AL sings.... on The radio this morning there was an audio clip of AL being asked if he'd sing for Queen and AL replied that they'd "showed some interest" - - I guess we will see.



He will be busy and famous and rich and awesome for many years to come - of course with such greatness comes great responsibility - how will he handle the fame? Hopefully he won't drown in it and choose the rockstar dangerous paths that so many have....

I wish him luck and can't WAIT to see what the future holds for Adam Lambert.....



and Kris Allen.... I hope he has a great few records and him and his wifey make some adorable lil babies!

No comments: