Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Moon Cast Party - May 9, 2009

4am - The entire crew was at the cafe in yaletown: robert pattinson, kristen stewart, ashley greene, rachelle and her lil sister, stephenie myer, dakota fanning, david slade, michael sheen, jaime, cameron bright, the list goes on and on and on...we saw many of them. Pix n video coming soon.

Had great convos with a few of them-omg-amazing

Need sleep

Will report tomorrow in detail ;)

noon - I have so much to share about last night. It wll be a mostly text entry, so I apologize in advance. My photos weren't very good (except for the one of JUST me and Rob *DroolZ*

I did get a lot of video also but I have to upload that to youtube and post.... all time consuming.... and today I have some errands to run before I can committ anytime to sitting at my computer and getting everything down and posted for you....

Thanks for your patience and I promise you will LOVE some of the lil details from last night (conversation with David Slade!!! Stephenie Myer present!!! Rachelle with her lil sister!!! Kristen and Rob.... so much fun to see everyone together and their interaction.....)

OK - must go shower then run errands - Thanks for your patience I will twitter once I've completed the videos and blog :)

1pm -

Warning-This is *VERY* text heavy. I have no new photos of my own but I do have video and great deets and stories of what I witnessed.... I am simply wanting to tell in a journal format what I got to experience....



-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So MeMy and I decided to go downtown as we had just heard that VanCityAllie and AmyBurrows had seen a slew of stars including a bunch of the Canucks, Josh Duhamel, Dakota Fanning, Rachelle Lefevre, and more....

We walked down Robson and Burrard and thought we saw Dakota and Rachelle in the taxi pulling into the hotel, so we walked over towards the hotel and realized we were wrong - boo!

However, Robert Pattinson's vehicle pulled in and paused at the front doors then proceeded down to the underground lot.

We were puzzled as to why RPattz would be at this hotel, maybe visiting Kristen ;)

Soon after we got the tweets from Lainey Gossip (and then *EVERYONE* else who was RT and messaging me..... holy cell phone overload-nearly-crash!!!)

So we headed over to YaleTown, where we'd planned to go afterwards anyways to grab something to eat and hopefully see some NM cast wandering to a pub or restaurant.



As we walked towards Blue Water Cafe we saw some flashes of light and a small group of people... I asked MeMy "who is it?" she said "ROB!!!"

We walked over and said hello, asked for a photo with him, to which he kindly obliged. We all snapped a few photos, there were about 5-6 people there... one gentleman who got a photo with RPattz said "thanks, you just earned me bonus points with my wife" to which RP laughed and smiled.

The Valet guy in a red coat was close by trying to usher RP inside but Rob was very cordial and signed multiple items and posed for photos before heading inside to join the rest of the NM group who were already inside.



I indeed got a photo with Rob, but like last time, I want to keep the photos of *JUST* me and Rob for *JUST* me - - - (although last time someone else took video and photos of me and Rob and they got out everywhere... I am thinking this time no one else got a shot so it's just special for me-thanks for understanding :P - - -

PS - I looked so stupid in this picture, bug - eyed and all "OMG IM STANDING NEXT TO ROBERT PATTINSON AHHHHH")

This is a photo from the website of the location. we were outside about where this photo is showing.



ANYWAYS

We chatted with a few people and learned that "everyone" was inside.... Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene, Taylor Lautner, Dakota Fanning, Rachelle Lefevre, her lil sister, Stephenie Meyer, David Slade, Chris Weitz, Cameron Bright, Michael Sheen, Jamie Bower, Charlie Bewley, Christopher Heyerdahl and more.

Seriously? The best place on earth to be last night was THERE!!!

Due to twitter - more people started to arrive. I tried to twitter vague info without lying - I was worried about tons and tons of people showing up (How many people follow Lainey anyways?!?!? !!!)

-------------------------------------------------
Here are Lainey's Tweets - was she drunk? I heard since she is in Vegas AND he photographer was unavailable to be at the Cafe, she tweeted to stir up a mob scene and ruin the chances of anyone getting a good photo..... maybe a lil of both? Who knows?!?!

This was said by someone who was on site in regards to why Lainey would "all of a sudden" post specific details on location of ALL the cast:


Her reasons are not entirely known, but the group down there all had their own overwhelming hunches, which point to the fact she didnt have anyone there to shoot for her (ironic she posted this shortly after her pap went home for the night) & she wanted to create a scene where dozens of people were there to take exclusivity away from any shots that did come out of there. It was a low, underhanded & classless move, which really hurts the cast & crew more than the photogs that were around.


(See more of this persons blog Quoted Here

Here are some of the tweets sent out-



  • Heads-up Twi-hards: cast and crew party to meet new director happening right now at Blue Water Cafe.
  • PS. Conspicuously absent: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. Apparently en route together. Are you squealing?
  • Taylor Lautner is there...but he was seen earlier tonight with Selena Gomez
  • was a long day for both which is why they are late. RP is apparently picking KS up at her hotel to go together
  • lots of photogs on the scene - you'll see the photos everywhere. unless they get scared away by stalkers and turn back. belligerations y'all
  • update: they were warned. so ks showed with ashley greene and rp hang back 10 mins.
  • all now at blue water cafe where there are no craps tables and free vodka
  • rachelle left to take sister home but came back. all of them stil there but leaving now - am told from inside they had a great time.
  • taylor left alone but ks, ag, rp, rf etc are still there lingering. it's only 130am afterall.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

    Some of her info was true.... they were at BWC for a party. Rob did arrive later (just as we arrived yay!) and alone ..... Taylor was there, he left first, rachelle did leave to take sister home and returned, they did linger... till 3:30am

    But let me tell you what I witnessed.

    After Rob went inside we chatted briefly with people who were there (autographers, a couple papz, a fan or two) then we went across the street to get coffee. It was late, cold, we were tired.... we saw some taxi's stopping and going but couldn't tell if any stars were coming or going for certain....

    We returned to where a few people were and chatted. A lot of people aren't neccessarily honest in those situations so I always just listen and rarely believe anyone 100%.... We were told certain stars left, when they hadn't, we were also led to believe certain things happened and we missed it while in the coffee shop.... none of this was true...

    A couple other fans and papz arrived due to twitter I chatted with familiar faces.

    Robert came out a few times to smoke.....

    This photo is on Socialitelife showing one of many smoke breaks RPattz took.


    I did shoot a video when a group of them came out which is on my youtube. I simply couldn't take photos and did the video as it was easier to see....



    Rob and Charlie Bewley (I believe) came out to smoke a few times. At one point Kristen, Rachelle, Rob, Charlie, Ashley, Cameron and a few others were ALL outside on the patio (some to smoke, others for the company) They were chatty and joking and laughing.

    After the first few times Robert would come out and face the glass doors looking inside to the rest of the cast, obviously not wanting to turn around and face the cameras. Worse still was when four of them came out and sat on the concrete of the patio, hidden from cameras by a small bush.

    I felt bad - like we really were "invading" their social time.... then again... we weren't entering the bar, talking to them, harassing them.... I guess it's truly a fine-line.

    I was content to wait patiently and request a photo when they left, as I had when Rob arrived.... but I know some photos were taken from outside into the resturant of them - - - again - to each their own - - you do what you feel is right for you... I totally can't judge other people's decisions, I know I just do what is right for me.

    --------------------------------------------------------

    Anyways - Rachelle left with her little sister and I asked her, "Rachelle can I get a quick photo with you" (I haven't met her yet and really wanted to get a photo) she replied with "I am going to pu tmy baby sister TO BED" and stomped past towards the car. While I can understand wanting to protect her family from the lime light, I was shocked at how angry she sounded, especially after hearing how nice and kind she had been earlier in the day outside her hotel. I said "thanks anyways, have a good night" and she mumbled "Yup"

    Too bad my first encounter with Rachelle was kind of sour.... perhaps she was having a bad evening? who knows?

    So they drove off in a taxi and that was that.

    She did return shortly after. I didn't attempt to talk to her or approach her. She went inside and joined the group.

    --------------------------------------------------------

    2 fans decided to go inside and order drinks. I was not wanting to go inside (I was in work pants, a PJ top, a jacket/sweater and crocs!!! So not dressed for a yale town venue HA HA HA) so I stayed outside. Ironically as they walked in they walked *RIGHT PAST* Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart and a couple others who were standing outside smoking.... and they didn't NOTICE!!!

    So inside the two fans went and had a drink, they think they saw Ashley Greene talking to some other people, but weren't entirely sure and didn't want to go intot he area where the cast allegedly was....

    Next Taylor left. He was swift. he seriously, exited and ran down to his taxi and was gone *just like that* I missed it but apparently someone elses was fast enough -



    At the other exit (back door) a few people left including Jamie Bower, Michael Sheen, Stephenie Meyer, Cameron Bright, and so on. I didn't see most of them leave as I stayed down at the main road/entry to the cafe.

    VanCityAllie got great shots as she was up the street by the backdoor exit....

    Local Cameron Bright in his red hat


    She says, "I wonder why so many of the cast members had messenger bags with them at a restaurant… HMMMM…. maybe more evidence for scripts?"



    A few fans and papz got photos and autographs of the cast leaving out the back door. I was pretty jealous that I missed out on a photo op with Stephenie Meyer. To me she is the epitomy of wonderful. While I appreciate the directing, screenplay, acting and whatnot of the Saga, Stephenie Meyer is the creator.... the author... the writer... sorry - I admire her so much, and was really bummed to have missed her!



    Moving on....

    David Slade left next. He walked out said hi to people. I have a video of it:





    After he walked around that bush he turned left and walked down the street past us once again. I said to him again that I was excited to have him returning in August and "You'll get used to us fans wanting to take your photo all summer" ha ha ha.



    David Slade stopped, turned around and came right up to me and a couple other fans. We had a whole conversation on his now-regretable comments made about Twilight. He quite sincerely apologized for what he had said and explained that he didn't mean what he had said about Twilight, he hadn't even seen it at that time and he is very excited to work on Eclipse. I told him I loved Hard Candy (again-not sure he had heard me when I said so in the video) and that as a fan of Twilight I was excited to see what he did with Eclipse.

    He was so easy to talk to, very short, and far more approachable than I anticipated based on previous photos and his airport arrival. Perhaps he'd been drinking, or *gasp* perhaps the perception the media has created of him is false.... (imagine THAT?!?!) lol

    I asked for a photo with him and he said he had to get going (by this time his friend was now a block and a half ahead of him, as he kept walking while David Slade chatted with me!!! craziness I know!!!!)

    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    Several Smoke Breaks later (and who knows how many drinks inside) They pulled down the "privacy blinds" to block photographers from zooming into the resturant and taking photos thru the windows (a tad late, as it had been several hours of this before they pulled the blinds LOL) A few people went over to the actual bar to take shooters, others drank red wine, beer, and other drinks.

    At one point a homeless (I assume, I could be wrong) couple came by and grabbed a cigarette butt to smoke and even took a half glass of red wine and walked down the street with it, drinking it quickly.... little did these two know they were smoking and drinking a cast members left overs HA HA HA!!!

    Another funny moment was when a man walking down the street stopped, turned to look at one of the cast and said "HEY!!!!" They embraced in a hug and chatted a bit before the local man said good bye and continued walking down the street.

    Finally after a lot of fun inside (I can only assume) and likely some talk about how New Moon is going and what can be expected from Eclipse..... it was time to go.... 3:30am, probably tired, likely tipsy or drunk, the cast wrapped it up.

    There was a waitress who came out to hail taxi's.

    A man in a cowboy hat and a limo had driven by a few times and expressed his own interest in meeting the cast. I asked him "are you their limo driver?" (knowing they don't take limos) He replied, "No, I am a fan, just like you, are they all still inside?"

    This was just tooo funny. He left and drove by a few times, waving, blaring music, parking in site of the resturant, hoping to catch their eyes and get to offer them a ride.

    Soon, his wishes were granted. As this waitress ran down the street to find a third taxi we told the limo driver that they were getting ready to leave. A few other fans encouraged him to pull up beside taxi's that were waiting. So he did.

    Then - it got all sorts of crazy-funny-good.

    The Cast Ran outside "go go go" said one of the staff.



    Allie also posts this photo highlighting the possible script in his pocket - this girl is GOOD -I'd never have noticed that (I so need a better zoom camera LOL)

    You can also see Mr CowBoyHat LimoDriverFan himself in this pic. ha ha ha ha ha ha.

    The problem with this Limo Driver was that he led them to his limo (Kristen and Rob... hmmm.... yes they shared a ride, I am not saying it MEANS anything but it's a fact the two of them shared a limo) then they got in the limo and instead of closing the door right away, this limo driver just kind of stood there smiling. The Papz, Fans, Autographers, all just stood at the door taking photos and video.

    **EDIT**-There were about 6 people taking photos and videos talking to Robsten. One of the Papz said "ok close the door" and the limo driver did. People are worried that *I* as a fan put Robsten in danger by allowing this to happen - however, I am just a fan and had no right or means to encourage or stop Robsten from getting into the limo... can you imagine "actually Rob, Kristen, did you check with your own security and production company to insure that you should be entering this here vehicle?" I didn't know as a fan and a "stalker" I was supposed to interfere with their actions... in fact I thought I was supposed to stay as out of their way as possible? no? I am confused by what other people expect of me - which is why I don't care.. I do what *I* feel is right for me and ok for me - as long as I can sleep at night, that is what matters... to each their own....I suppose I could have shouted "this limo guy is a fan too" or something but - no, I didn't - so hate away.... but if you are going to hate, please don't hate annonymously, or under some stupid username you created today specificaly to hate on me *ahem* you know who you are.... and so does everyone else - thanks**

    As seen in my video I was a tad slow/distracted/shy and was over by Ashley and Rachelle's taxi.... By the time I got to their limo the door was being closed after someone joked "You got in the Paparazzi limo"

    I've seen photos online and Robsten did *NOT* look impressed - understandably.....

    Nonetheless Mr CowBoyHat LimoDriverFan got his wish and drove the two - - - wherever they were headed ;)

    Here are photos of them leaving




    Yup - defo not impressed - yet still kinda cozy non? ;)

    I still dunno if they are a "thing" or not.... she has a boyfriend....they are friends.... what (if anything) they do in their extra-cirricular is none-mah-biz! They did sit on the ground outside smoking together, they did share a cab together, but I would do that with my BFF or even a cool person I just met....

    that being said I can't believe how long it took me to write this all - I apologize for having to use others photos and my own shaky videos and tons and tons of text.... but this is what I have to best showcase how the evening went.

    I didn't feel comfy using a flash to photograph them as they left or when they were outside smoking.... and without a flash my photos are blurry and dark (which is why I tend to video more) Luckily there were some people there with great cameras and steady hands to capture the moments I couldn't capture on film (only in my head to be re told thru tons and tons of text via my livejournal) thanks so much for reading, I know I took a long time to get it all out and I appreciate your patience :)

  • No comments: