Sunday, May 24, 2009

Italy New Moon Preview - May 11, 2009

I am so excited to see photos and read reports of New Moon filming in Italy. After so many winderful experiences here in Vancouver I am sad I can't be in Italy, not just because of New Moon, because - hello?!?! It's ITALY!!!

I found this on TWILIGHT LEXICON WEBSITE and I am just amazed at how beautiful it is over there.
Blogger Maggie is back with her report on Montepulciano. She’s describes the city, scouts some possible locations, and has fabulous pictures.


Maggie's Blog can be found ***~HERE~***



Maggie writes:I made my father pull over at one point so I could get a picture from the road as we approached the city, as I'm sure it'll be an establishing shot in New Moon. The city sits on top of a hill and while it's gorgeous in hues of orange, red and brown amongst the greenery, it is rather ominous and forbidding. That's the point of these hill-fort towns though, to protect them against invaders and be forbidding; that's precisely what Montepulciano does. It certainly 'sets the scene.'




Maggie writes: It is a forboding front, so it could be part of the Volturi headquarters, and there's a really good-looking alley (yes, I became a connoseuir of alleys on this trip) right next to it... so who knows?

I love the doorway indeed, and the way the roads and alley's look I can jsut see it all coming together - is it November yet? You must go look at the rest of Maggie's photos and blog!!!



Maggie writes: It was definitely a brilliant town, and it is how I pictured Volterra in my mind. I'm not certain why it was Montepulciano instead, but if it projects the right feeling, is believeable, and nothing makes you say 'oh that's just not an ancient fortress-city in Italy'... then it's good. For all intents and purposes it's perfect... but then again, I haven't been to the actual Volterra, now have I?


This really looks like the main square, if they added a fountain and crowded it with people in "Vampire" outfits for the scene.... Oooh I am so excited!

I will def. be checking out Maggie's site in upcoming weeks as the New Moon cast and Crew head over to finish filming.... then the countdown is on for Eclipse to begin filming in Vancouver and New Moon to be edited and released.... *sigh* November is *SO* far away!!!

No comments: