Sunday, May 24, 2009

100 Monkeys Show - April 15, 2009

Original Post - April 15, 2009

Holy Wow!

As predicted the Cullen Clan came to support Jackson and his band 100 Monkeys last night at the Backstage Backstage Lounge in Vancouver...(Granville Island)

When we arrived there was already a slew of girls crowding the venue... luckily it was a 19+ event or I feel it would have been even more packed... thank goodness for i.d. requirements.

Saw some familiar faces (TwiCrack, the Professional Stalkers from Minnesota, an old university colleague, etc.) nice to put faces to blogs....

There was a booth in the corner "reserved" everyone assumed correctly for who.

If the guestlist under 100 Monkeys stating Nikki+3 and Ashely +2 wasn't clue enough.... it was well-known amongst "hard core stalkers" that everyone - except RPattz, was confirmed to be coming to support their fellow Cullen.

The opening Band was pretty good - they are opening for 54-50 soon.... It all was a daze I was too excited for 100 Monkeys.... *droolz*

I went outside for air, it really was clammy and hot in there, and I saw Peter Facinelli (Poppa Carlisle Cullen) posing for pics... I quickly jumped in there....

TwiCrack got a pic on her cam... some cow who was using my cam to take a pic decided to NOT take the pic... nice... so much for supporting each other's obsessions.... **My camera wasn't working, I met her 4/19 and she explained and apologized... after how my cam has been acting recently I knwo it was simply not her fault - I am so sorry for assuming !

There were so many bitches at the show - I assure you - there were plenty.. my fave are the ones who *ACT* too good or too cool... like they are there to "see the band" or "as a regular Tuesday evening out" when really they are uuber obsessed and pretending not to be - stuck up... i swear I am a lover not a hater but there were some girls there - straight up haters...

MeMy almost punched out some girl and later some drunk girl claiming she was looking for her brother slammed into me leading to everyone around us being pushed, shoved and my frind TW falling forward ONTO the stage ha ha - at Jackson's feet - no worries ;)

annnnyways....

Peter was super sweet and nice. He took numerous photos with everyone out front even as his companions went inside.

I asked if his wife was coming to town, (Jennie Garth - aka Kelly Taylor on 90210) he said she was at home with the kids, I said "Too Bad, I love her" he smiled at me and said "me too!"

too cute.

I saw the "rest" of them heading in and got texts from my girlfriends inside that they just came in....

The rest of them, for those of you living under a rock, included Ashley Greene (Alice), Nikki Reed (Rosalie) Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan, who I had seen earlier in the day on set), Kellan Lutz (Emmett), Taylor Launter (Jacob Black)

They all looked casual stylish. Jackson (Jasper) had come out to greet them at the door.

I grabbed another whiskey sour (my sophisticated drink - with high balls on for $3.50 and a ton of screaming girls, my $9 martini's were a no-go) and went to our "spot" which was near their table and in front of the stage.

The 2nd band had very little attention from the crowd as everyone was a buzz with the arrival of their fave stars. The female lead singer was quirky and cool. Their style was a bit different but I liked it enough.

She joked that "100 monkeys will be up next, 100 monkeys, one for each of you... although they may poop on your furniture"

Meanwhile the "reserved booth" was no occupied with the Cullen Clan and friends. (One of whom is LOST's "Boone" Ian Somerhalder) *more droolz*

I was compelled to just - stare.... which was rude I am sure but I couldn't help it - it was so abnormally rad to have the entire Cullen Clan, with Bella and Jacob... just... there chillin'

Some dude who took his job waaaaay too seriously was after anyone who snapped a pic... wtf... people did anyways and eventually he really had to give it up.

Kellan went outside with Sage (Sage & The Dills) and I went outside and chatted with them. I asked for a pic and they said they weren't allowed till after the show. I said ok you better remember. He promised and then said "whats your name?" I introduced myself and he said "nice to meet you I am Kellan" and shook my hand... um - dreamy much? "I know who you are silly" I said and he laughed.

Sage told me how some 50 year old woman wanted to fight her because she refused to take photos in a bathroom with her and Nikki ... LOL Crazies! Kellan joked he'd have loved to see that!

We went back inside.

I saw Kellan taking photos of the crowd and shook my finger at him "tut tut no photos allowed" he winked. tee hee

The general breakdown of the show and happenings are blogged everywhere by now but here are some highlights from my p.o.v

We were at the front to the side slightly.... once 100 monkeys came on the crowd was squished forward and NUTS!!!

Nikki and Kristen came to the front center right beside us and soon Taylor joined them. Yes he was in his hoodie... always.

Nikki was rocking out - hardcore. Ben G wanted to give her some shakers but couldn't find them....

K-Stew looked tired, but was seeming to have fun. She saw me and waved... maybe she remembered me from earlier in the day? more likely she was being friendly...

Nikki and Kristen seemed close, chatty, etc.

Taylor was VERY cozy with the ladies. It is clear they adore him and are VERY protective of him... just their body language, surrounding him, hugging, holding, whatnot....

Paps who say he is romantically involved with any of the ladies are likely mistaken, it seemed to me very - family - like... a lil bro!

He is adorable!

Kellan was over on the other side snapping shots on his cam. Peter and Elizabeth stayed mostly at the booth and Ashley went between the crowd and booth.

We got some fantabulous photos with the cast and of the cast rocking out.

Jackson's band was fabulous - I really enjoyed them. I admit I wanted to see Jackson, you know "Jasper" so that is why I went, but I am deffo a fan of the tunes now that I have heard them live. They are incredibly entertaining! Whatta Show!

Jackson was more amazingly good looking in person than on the big screen. Jerad is very sexy also and Ben G has this massive smile that is endearing.

Anyways, all in all a fab night!

I did get pics with Nikki and Peter and Kellan (all one-on-one me and them *sigh*) and they were all super kind and chatty...

The entire cast was absolutely amazing. They were so kind, so supportive of the band, gracious and patient with fans.... truly class-acts!

Kellan had to be the kindest imo, he seriously just acted goofy, crazy, and took about a zillion photos!!! I don't think ANYONE was turned down for a photo with him.... he stayed and let everyone have a turn!

Funny Story - When Kellan was leaving (and also several times in the venue) he would wrap his scarf around him like a ninja and creep around ebhind people, sneaking up on Elizabeth and Peter a few times.

As he left he stopped for numerous photos with anyone who asked and then wrapped himself up and tried to scare people - he was sad he couldn't then he snuck up behind a girl who was leaving and succeeded in making her scream (sorry Kellan, prolly not fear, but excitment you were coming up to her tee hee) and he was happy to have scared someone - too cute! very playful!

I <3 them all more - I wish R-Pattz was there, but c'est la vie. Most laid back cast ever - they just let loose and had fun with their friends... tres cool! Pix to come (I am at work right now teehee - shocked I can even get this blog in LOL) Great meeting everyone last night :) ------------------------ Pix -



I have many many more - but these are the ones worth looking at ;)

No comments: